Flame this! Dana44 front Dana 60 rear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It'd probably pass a stock 80. And a jk vs a 100 or 200? Give me a break

Properly built one? Absolutely, stock JK off of a dealer lot in 1997? Highly doubt it would be better than a stock 80......if you make it to the trail with all your teeth! :hillbilly:

It'd probably pass a stock 80. And a jk vs a 100 or 200? Give me a break
No way a yj would keep up so long as the 80 fit the trail. After the 80 we all know they went luxury so the 100 and 200 is also whole different argument.

Were the YJ’s the leaf sprung FR & RR gen? - I completely forget.

A buddy is selling a late 90’s Jeep, but he’s got Dynatrack 60’s under it & alot of other stuff like a 350 swap he did but the D60’s/ARB’d were the biggest mod.

Properly built one? Absolutely, stock JK off of a dealer lot in 1997? Highly doubt it would be better than a stock 80......if you make it to the trail with all your teeth! :hillbilly:
It would be better in every way. Smaller, shorter wheel base, way lighter, etc. Don't get me wrong, its a piece of s*** but lets call a spade a spade.

It would be better in every way. Smaller, shorter wheel base, way lighter, etc. Don't get me wrong, its a piece of s*** but lets call a spade a spade.
This. Depending on the terrain of course.

Same way a dirt bike will go anywhere. Or a set of hiking shoes

Lighter? Sure, shorter? That’s only good in really tight spots and longer wheel base is better on the steep stuff so definitely not better there. I’ve seen those things wheel “stock”, pretty terrible if you ask me, it didn’t even have extra ground clearance compared to an stock 80 without the running boards. Compared to an Triple Locked 80? Not even close.

Just do some budget a-arms all the way around and budget king kong coilovers. 10” currie center sections should hold 4d’s.

I’m running 60/14 btw. But have wheeled with two guys on here running yota axles and 40s. Keep the stock axles and build them.
Best advice of the entire thread ^^^. Nitro is now selling two piece 32 spline rear shafts. 100 thirds are 32 spline. These new shafts are made by RCV so you can count on them.

@cybrstar — Have you experienced failures of the 80 axles in the past? I’m curious why you felt he need to “upgrade” to a 44 to run 40’s. I see knuckleheads running 40’s on stock jeep axles all the time, not that that’s a good thing.

Best advice of the entire thread ^^^. Nitro is now selling two piece 32 spline rear shafts. 100 thirds are 32 spline. These new shafts are made by RCV so you can count on them.

@cybrstar — Have you experienced failures of the 80 axles in the past? I’m curious why you felt he need to “upgrade” to a 44 to run 40’s. I see knuckleheads running 40’s on stock jeep axles all the time, not that that’s a good thing.

Okay, there are nothing wrong with the axles in the yota as previously mentioned.

What the Dana line has are wms 65 inches plus compared to the 63 inches that the fZJ80 provides.

The extra width from the axles are better protection against body damage and allow the fZJ80 to feel more stable when crawling.

That’s all I’m saying.

Many have run wheel spacers with no problems, myself included.

Many have run wheel spacers with no problems, myself included.
Let me introduce you to a friend of mine. His name is scrub radius

Didn’t know the 200’s series had a 70wms........

Hmmm match that up with a 60 front from a ford Dana 60f (69.5 inches)

Now we’re talking.

Do you have a link to the nitro shafts? I couldn't find them.

Do you have a link to the nitro shafts? I couldn't find them.
Anyone can make you a custom shaft. But why? No longer much of a budget option

No longer much of a budget option.

Whaaaaa?

If you’re drinking cheap beer or drip coffee, anything is a “budget build”.

Plus, this is the 80 section - no Tommy Bahama / Maui Jim expenses ;)

Why not just get wheels with less backspacing?

Are you implying that buying a full set of rims and having the old tires dismounted, and new tires mounted is easier then bolting on a $50 set of wheel spacers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom