Flame this! Dana44 front Dana 60 rear (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone can make you a custom shaft. But why? No longer much of a budget option
Personally I would like to see the link and the price for myself so I know all my options. I couldn't find them on the Nitro page. But yeah you could get custom shafts from someone like Mark Williams, but that would be around 1500 for a pair. But if Nitro is selling them for say 300 a piece, that would be a pretty decent price.

AXTFF-PRO-32-8MM-2T.jpg

Yep, 100 series diff has better ring and pinion design, the 32 spline pinion vs 27 spline for the 80 and the axle shafts are 32 spline vs 30 spline for the 80. Extra beef everywhere.

Wow thats an awesome kit. Running the 100 series diff would be a great upgrade, and they are fairly easy to find.

Are you implying that buying a full set of rims and having the old tires dismounted, and new tires mounted is easier then bolting on a $50 set of wheel spacers?
Wheel spacers do introduce another failure possibility if not tended to properly. I go through the torquing procedure on mine, along with many other critical fasteners, before every off-road trip. Also, you were probably speaking with sarcasm, but I would probably spend more than $50 when purchasing a set of wheel spacers.

Yep, 100 series diff has better ring and pinion design, the 32 spline pinion vs 27 spline for the 80 and the axle shafts are 32 spline vs 30 spline for the 80. Extra beef everywhere.
Can you get 5.29s?

Didn't know about the pinion splines. That's badass.

I think you can only get 4.88s as the lowest gears available for 100s. But 4.88s isn't bad in my opinion.
It's probably fine with an a750f, but sort of crappy with an a343f.

I run the low range 3.1:1 gears with 6.17s in marshmallow. It's acceptable, but 15-20% lower would be ideal. I wouldn't want 3x lower or a stupid doubler, but i'm sure that's where this conversation will go next.

It's probably fine with an a750f, but sort of crappy with an a343f.

I run the low range 3.1:1 gears with 6.17s in marshmallow. It's acceptable, but 15-20% lower would be ideal. I wouldn't want 3x lower or a stupid doubler, but i'm sure that's where this conversation will go next.
Subliminal messages included free of charge I’m sure.

Yep, I posted these pictures in another thread but it does a good job showing that the ring has a wider area for teeth meshing and the pinion is much larger at the splined end.

TLC-410-NG-1.jpg

T9.5-488-NG-2T.jpg

Didn't know about the pinion splines. That's badass.

Does the 100 third drop in or is the some grinding to do? This is very interesting.

Yep, I posted these pictures in another thread but it does a good job showing that the ring has a wider area for teeth meshing and the pinion is much larger at the splined end.

Interesting. Could you could also run a 100 series 9.5" as a front axle upgrade with a RuffStuff or Diamond housing? Guessing this would require custom made shafts? Being limited to 4.88s kinda sucks though...

I am sure you could. But the limiting factor would be the 30 spline birf. You could have 32 splines at the third, but the shaft would neck down to 30 splines in the birf.

Interesting. Could you could also run a 100 series 9.5" as a front axle upgrade with a RuffStuff or Diamond housing? Guessing this would require custom made shafts? Being limited to 4.88s kinda sucks though...

Where the F is Booger? He promised me a doubler in 2014.
I know. He had to go crash his rig. He posted on my 100 build thread but wandered off again.

Screw northwestfab, btw.

Nitro was selling 32 spline birfields some time ago. They were expensive. If you can find the build thread Nitro did of the 70 series they built for themselves it's talked about a little bit.

Are you implying that buying a full set of rims and having the old tires dismounted, and new tires mounted is easier then bolting on a $50 set of wheel spacers?

No, I’m not implying it’s easier nor cheaper, I’m implying that spacers would not be my choice. My concern will always be the extra 24 studs and bolts aka failure points, seen many wheel spacers fail on the trail and on the road. For a piece of mind I will never run spacers and incidentally Im not running after market wheels either. However that may change when I finally decided to go 37s which mean another 5 years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom