Flagstaff's New To Me 100!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been a long time owner of a of an 80. Had a 94 LC since 2007 and clocked 200k miles on it.

Today, I am a proud owner of a 2004 LC with 140k miles on it. Only took one picture (gassing up at CostCo) but more will come.

I have a few questions for my new LC. Please jump in with any insights or recommendations.

1. I'm getting the repair history from the local shop. I know the timing belt, water pump, and serpentine was done at 95K. Shocks all around and the steering rack last year as well. Anything I should focus on as I review the maintenance records?
2. Front seats are in rough shape. Thought about LandCruiserHaven for seat covers. Anyone tried these for the 100 series? Are they difficult to install? Any other things I should check out?
3. The third row seats fall over when folded up. On my 80, they are strapped in. Is this also the case or should I look to replace the gas strut in the seat?
4. I only have one key. I plan on getting more but not sure about the remote key or if I can get a key fob separate. Ultimately, I would like 3 copies and 2 remotes. Can the remotes be programmed at home or does this require a dealer?
5. I need gas struts for the hood and back hatch. I have replaced the struts from McMaster parts (on my 80) and they have lasted 8 years and still going strong. Any recommendations which struts people have found work well?
6. The carpet is stained and even torn in one spot. Anyone replace the carpet and where should I get the carpet from?

All advice and comments welcome. Thanks in advance!!

Flagstaff

Joshua.jpg

Flagstaff- I bought my 100 here in Phoenix 3 or 4 years ago, but I kept my 80! Can't remember who I got my keys from but he's here on mud. My interior had been redone so I can't suggest anybody there. The only serious problem I've had is with the brake master cylinder which failed in Ohio while driving cross country (we're snow birds from Massachusetts). I would suggest changing all of the fluids including the brake fluid. I had flushed the brakes myself plus had it done In mass., but they failed anyway. It's a $3100 ticket so be careful! My 100 has 230,xxx miles on it and does not use oil between changes. They are amazing. BTW my 80 has 320xxx and only used what the valve guides pass. Wifey loves that one.
Ned

Ned,
We had a foot of snow last night. I got up at 4 this morning to dig my car out to drive down to Scottsdale to pick up my 100 today.
I could have stopped by and said hello!

Thanks for the info.

I currently have one 100 and two 80's, and no, I do not have an LC addiction. I'm told if you have four, then you have a problem.

Hood struts - based on advice here, I bought a set on ebay for around $35 shipped. Brand/part was "Strongarm 4361 Front Hood Supports" and the seller was mrlousstuff. Easy transaction, easy swap, they work great. I did not look into the rear strut but maybe he's got those too?

Seats - you may be committed to new leather, but if not, I put the SOR Tuff Duck covers on mine as soon as I got it and have been very happy. Tight fit, they wear well, are washable, and are around $500 for the first and second row. Not the cheapest seat covers, but fairly priced for the quality, and of course cheaper and easier than new leather.

Nice score - good luck with it!

I just replaced my hood shocks today with the Strongarm 4361 as well. I got them from Lift Supports Depot on Amazon.

Another vote for Strong-arm. Their warehouse is about 45 minutes north of me in Vista, Ca. But I decided to order through Amazon with free shipping. Arrived a couple days later, installing was basic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom