For Sale FL: OEM 100 Series Headlights (1998-2002) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good shape. I converted to HID setup using Depo glass units. These are OEM off of my 2000 Land Cruiser. $200+shipping to you for the pair.

IMG_0363.jpg

Seller (David Dabney @DDabs ) is deceptive:

Lied about condition, and packed to be damaged.
  • Packaged in two boxes so poorly damage was sure to happen and did. Was asked David to package careful, to insure plastic fasteners tab do not get broken. He ust toss in a box, stating best he could do! BS!.
  • Shipping label created buy Pittney Bowes scale. Yet each box weight ~5 time heavy then postage stated. Additional postage due when they both arrived. Tried to scam USPS, without any doubt. Or just scam me! or both! IDK!
  • Not responding to my request to come up with resolution. Last response from David Dabney was to pictures of boxes, I emailed him and how badly packed: "Paul, I see the photo you attached and I am very sorry. I packaged the headlights to the best of my ability but it seems as though they mishandled the box quite a bit. I would consider reaching out to USPS for a refund. It looks like someone clearly threw the box off the truck or something. The puncture in the box was not there when I shipped them out. David"
  • For David to say: "I packaged the headlights to the best of my ability" What is he 2 years old, on drugs and dunk or all. Because a 2 year old could do better. To just toss in a box with a few peanut, was asking for damage. Perhaps they were damaged and he just made to look like shipping damage them. IDK!
  • Not sure if he was suggesting I reach out to USPS for insurance claim, or he's considering doing so. But I've made clear to him, which he's not responded to me on. Only sender can make insurance claim to USPS. Which I provided him picture of to do so, and offer to ship back to him if needed. He just doesn't responded. Ghost me. Or has something happen to David??

But fact suggest he's a rip off piece of S*&T SOB. Because regardless of shipping damage, making these headlights worthless. The reflectors are both shot from sun damage, making them worthless junk as headlights.

I ask David for very specific pictures and question him on very specific on each points. As very poor picture he sent me:
"Hi David,
It difficult to tell with picture. So perhaps you can look for me:
Picture 373 is the large lower reflector/chrome material worn through so that the black is showing?
Picture 363 Is the side light internal plastic cover yellowed?
Picture 363 is there any damage, stain or dirt on reflector/chrome material/
Are all plastic tabs in good condition?
Any damage to any?

Each point, he claims no issue in good condition. Totally untrue! One could call, some points subjective. But I asked if reflectors had and "black showing" through. He said:
"Hi,
Nothing is yellowed- maybe a reflection from the box idk.
There is no damage to anything internal on these lights, they work and are in good shape.
No damage to any mounting tabs, no scratches to glass lenses whatsoever.
David"

Does this look like package "best" one can? Or someone whom, just could care less?
IMG_4859.JPEG

Notice 9.lb 8 oz weight post office wrote in, along with postage amount due 38.21 (each bow had postage due). Now look at stated weight 2lbs 0oz. More BS for this piece of work!
IMG_4887.JPEG

Does that look like a good reflector? Looks worst in person, I can assure you. As black is showing through chrome of reflector. They'll not reflect light. David couldn't even place a piece of tape over open/empty hole of light bulb socket, to keep debris out.
IMG_4864.JPEG

What kind of person does this s&*T!

Perhaps something has happen to David. Can any of my MUD friends in Saint Petersburg FL Harbor area, go pay him a visit for me? I ask, because either something has happen to him, or he's a Total piece of S&*T!

I haven't had too many issues with people here on mud but have had some interactions be less than stellar. Sorry to hear.

This seller appears to have cheapened out and cut corners on the wrong interaction with the wrong guy. It should never happen but it's not wise to burn the guy that's brought more value to the 100 forum than anyone else.

The sun is hard on everything, down there, especially Floridians. Anything coming from or dealing with FL in my mind comes with a healthy dose of skepticism.

I haven't had too many issues with people here on mud but have had some interactions be less than stellar. Sorry to hear.

This seller appears to have cheapened out and cut corners on the wrong interaction with the wrong guy. It should never happen but it's not wise to burn the guy that's brought more value to the 100 forum than anyone else.

The sun is hard on everything, down there, especially Floridians. Anything coming from or dealing with FL in my mind comes with a healthy dose of skepticism.
I agree the people on mud are great. But now and them a snake slithers in the best of communities!

I must agree, this is not the first Floridian I've had issue with. Just first in mud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom