craigslist FL - BJ60 1984 LHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Color
Tan
Outside Link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/834556433758865/
No affiliation to post- I am looking to buy this next week, already have agreed upon price to pick up, really just wanted to get your guys opinions.

Also wanted this up in case I end up passing on it one of you fine folks can scoop it up.

These BJ60s normally come from Canada and that crusty frame should give you pause. You need to get under it with a screwdriver and try to poke holes in the frame. Also, the 3B can be turboed but they never came that way from the factory as far as I know. I'd be really suspicious about the work that's been done on the engine if it's been pushed that way.

These BJ60s normally come from Canada and that crusty frame should give you pause. You need to get under it with a screwdriver and try to poke holes in the frame. Also, the 3B can be turboed but they never came that way from the factory as far as I know. I'd be really suspicious about the work that's been done on the engine if it's been pushed that way.
Noted, I was planning on crawling around with a screwdriver. 😂 appreciate the input. I knew they didn’t come turbo’d and am unfamiliar personally with the BJ60s. Definitely going to check it out with a careful eye. Wasn’t sure if anyone had opinions on how the addition of a turbo hurts them in the long run and whether it could be modes back to NA. I really appreciate your time and response. I’m all ears, I don’t wanna go into this with tunnel vision.

Turbos are great if you watch the egts. Most people don’t know to watch them and they cook a great engine. Get a pyrometer and watch it. Take a screw driver like others have said. However ask them before you push because they may get mad when you push holes in their frame. Good luck. Ps I have a 60’frame in Ky for sale $750. Anything can be fixed!
Rebuild differential?
Make sure that engine is a 3b engine and not a b or 2b. Big differences. How long has the Edic been out? Because more than likely he’s been dumping the clutch in 4th to kill it. Does it have an h55?

Last edited:
At this price, or anywhere near it, I would run away from this truck fast. So much wrong with it. You can find better in that price range.

@dodgingwords
I have worked on this truck. I put the suspension on it, fixed a section of frame, and replaced every brakeline on it. So I am qualified to tell not to even waste your time, it's complete junk. It's a $2K parts truck at the max and that's just because it has a brand new OME kit on it and disc conversion kit for a 40.

it's a BJ40 powertrain, B, not 3B, with a 40series H42 (top cover as well with shifter cut/welded to clear dash) and single piece case,. The entire rockers and 1/4's are solid bondo and the entire thing was painted with a brush. There should still be a hole in the rear 1/4 where I accidentally punched through it with a screwdriver. That should be enough of a warning

Last edited:
@dodgingwords
I have worked on this truck. I put the suspension on it, fixed a section of frame, and replaced every backline on it. So I am qualified to tell not to even waste your time, it's complete junk. It's a $2K parts truck at the max and that's just because it has a brand new OME kit on it and disc conversion kit for a 40.

it's a BJ40 powertrain, B, not 3B, with a 40series H42 and single piece case,. The entire rockers and 1/4's are solid bondo and the entire thing was painted with a brush. There should still be a hole in the rear 1/4 where I accidentally punched through it with a screwdriver. That should be enough of a warning
Hey Matt! Thank you so much for the info! I’ve heard great things about you and the seller actually even plugged you when I spoke with him on the phone saying you did work on it. Thanks for taking the time to post a comment, just saved me a 6 hr round trip drive! Keep your eye out for a gem in the area. I’m a transplant to SE Georgia and been on the hunt.

I hate to rip on a truck/seller like that but it is just not a fair listing that does not accurately show the vehicle, and the owner knows this. He bought it sight unseen for way too much and that sucks, and I even cut him some slack on some labor since I felt so bad that he was paying me more in labor then the truck was worth to bolt some springs on it, but I lose all sympathy when someone tries to forward that wrong onto someone else

FYI - I do Cruiser PPI's somewhat regularly. Feel free to message me if you see another one around here you would like me to check out.

I hate to rip on a truck/seller like that but it is just not a fair listing that does not accurately show the vehicle, and the owner knows this. He bought it sight unseen for way too much and that sucks, and I even cut him some slack on some labor since I felt so bad that he was paying me more in labor then the truck was worth to bolt some springs on it, but I lose all sympathy when someone tries to forward that wrong onto someone else

FYI - I do Cruiser PPI's somewhat regularly. Feel free to message me if you see another one around here you would like me to check out.
Absolutely, I appreciate it very much and will be reaching out for sure. Yeah, I kept asking for more photos and he acted too busy and he said he posted about it on forums but wouldn’t tell me where and what forum so... I was weary but still gonna take the drive, now I’m just gonna skip the drive. I really appreciate it.

Appreciate it too lol. Just saved me the drive but i have a few im looking at so I’ll message you later about hiring you for inspection. Thanks so much. I did not need that kind of project 😂

No affiliation to post- I am looking to buy this next week, already have agreed upon price to pick up, really just wanted to get your guys opinions.

Also wanted this up in case I end up passing on it one of you fine folks can scoop it up.
Still no affiliation but for ease of searching to ensure no one on mud gets burned. VIN: JT3BJ60G2E0013298

@cruisermatt just saved both our asses from that turd, and a drive. I feel we need to send him beer....
Have you looked at this one

F5D7BCDE-FC61-4499-98C3-B5DE4D3A601C.png

Still no affiliation but for ease of searching to ensure no one on mud gets burned. VIN: JT3BJ60G2E0013298
You can tell a lot by the pictures... we were already betting that was the case but glad my buddy reminded me to check here. Dodgingwords- we have a house in ssi will shoot you a message next time we are down that way get you a beer too 😂😂 or just shoot the s***.

You can tell a lot by the pictures... we were already betting that was the case but glad my buddy reminded me to check here. Dodgingwords- we have a house in ssi will shoot you a message next time we are down that way get you a beer too 😂😂 or just shoot the s***.
Brother I’m right in Brunswick 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom