FJZ80 Sounds like Death (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Attached is a video of Sound from FJZ80. Happens at low speeds and 35-45, off throttle not as pronounced. Seems to be louder on right side. Have you experienced this sound?

History and Maintenance.
1996 FJZ80, A343f trans, Has 270,000, 2.5” OME lift, recent maintenance; new axel bearings and trunions, new driveshafts and U-Joints at 245,000 mi, recently lubed, fresh diff oil, transfer case oil, trans oil, rebuilt motor. Recently had to go through flooded roads due to weather, did not go deep enough to get to breather tubes.

How fast are you going? Sounds like loose lugnuts or a loose caliper to me. Does it stop when applying brakes? What did it sound like when you lifted the axle and spun the tires ?

Are your fan blades hitting the shroud? Honestly the quality of the video had me focused almost entirely on what the heck I was looking at and the mystery of where the phone was being held.
Its hard to ask a question like you are asking without letting the listener know where their ear is on the vehicle... Do i have my ear on the dash, the hood, under the truck or in the trunk? I'd want to know this stuff
Does not appear to me you are driving in the video, which is when you describe the noise to happen.

Are your fan blades hitting the shroud? Honestly the quality of the video had me focused almost entirely on what the heck I was looking at and the mystery of where the phone was being held.
Its hard to ask a question like you are asking without letting the listener know where their ear is on the vehicle... Do i have my ear on the dash, the hood, under the truck or in the trunk? I'd want to know this stuff
Does not appear to me you are driving in the video, which is when you describe the noise to happen.
was driving @ 10 mph, video was really for sound, phone held out driver door.

get all four wheels off the ground. get wheels moving and see if you can zero in on the source.

can't tell if you think its speed vs rpm dependent? i think just speed? but maybe other noises mask it as you get going faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom