FJZ80 38 gallon main tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
MAF 38 gallon main tank that replaces the 25 gallon stock main tank. It is out of my 97. Around 15k miles use. Some dents and scratches on the bottom. Your stock pump and float assembly can be used with alterations (lengthening). Pros - extra capacity, fairly easy installation, no need for double plumbing like an aux. tank, can use stock fuel pump setup. Cons - A little lower and closer to driveshaft than the stock tank, tank burps, no skid plate, mounting straps can drag in mud. Rough largest tank dimensions 14" H X 21" W X 48" long. Tank only weight approx. 85 lbs. Would have to ship truck freight or pickup near Southwest PA. $350.00 + shipping.

Note:

This tank will also fit FJ80 91-92. It is a quick way to gain an additional 13 gallons without much fabbing.

D-

Can you please explain "tank burp"? IS that what it sounds like? Belching?

Can anyone do the basic fabwork to get it to work with my stock stuff? I just a got my truck, but I think I could convince someone to do it for me.

When I bought the tank from MAF, Al said the tank burps. I came to find out what he meant was the tank makes an audible sound when it expands and contracts. I can't describe the sound other than to say you can hear and feel it driving down the road.
As far as fabbing goes, the only thing that needs to be done is to drill a hole or two in the rear floor for the new strap mount, and to lengthen the float/pump assembly as the new tank is a little deeper than the stock one. If your a nice person I'll trade you my extended float/pump assembly for yours so the only alteration you would have to do is drill a hole for the mount, and hook the wires up to your fuel pump. Instructions, etc. come with the tank.
Here is a pic of the extended float/pump assembly.
Bill

do you know how it can be shipped? i'm in davis,ca 95616

You have a PM with the info you requested.
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom