fj80 wiring problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just bought an 80 series that wasnt running, the guy had replaced starter, fuel pump, tank, lines, hoses, and a some more. it sat for 10 years and something ate some of the wiring harness but the po said he fixed the problem (i dont think he did). i was considering replacing the wiring harness, does anyone know a good engine wiring harness. ive looked around but a good one seems hard to come by that is 1200. or has anyone replaced theirs in the past and how difficult was it.

If by "how difficult is it to replace the harness" you mean removing the old one and installing the new one, you'll have more problems unplugging the sensors without breaking them than you will physically removing the old wiring and installing the new. I'd recommend making a list of the sensors and making sure you can get them and how long that'll take, before you pull the old wiring.

Make sure you are very careful around the sensors you may not be able to replace, or you'll wind up with a very large doorstop.

Buy several cans of CRC plastic safe contact cleaner (I buy it in bulk) and spray every connector housing clean before you try to separate them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom