Fj80 Saved my life. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Roastchestnuts

TLCA #28675 Salt wagon Fj40
Threads
Well I am no longer an FJ80 owner. Sunday I was on the way back from the mountains and my Fiancé was driving the old land cruiser. A car came up fast behind us and swerved our way a little. My Fiance swerved off the road a little and once we were back on the road she not being accustom to the driving characteristics could not maintain control of the vehicle. We started rolling at 70 miles an hour. we rolled through the median (with trees separating) and into the other side of the highway. We are lucky to be alive. I credit the over built roof of the land cruiser with saving us. the roof although looks bad only crushed down a little. I could still sit in the driver seat with some head room.

We did sustain life threatening injuries but we are still alive. I feel if the roof did crush we would not be.

I will be searching and searching for another land cruiser here soon. I hope I can find another 80
IMG_6990.JPG
IMG_6986.JPG

Glad you both survived that mess.
Best of luck to you.
There are a pair of 80s, one pre '94 and one post '95 or were a few weeks ago down near Summerville SC.
PM me and I'll get you a better location.

We did sustain life threatening injuries but we are still alive. I feel if the roof did crush we would not be.
I do hope this was a mis-type and that you did NOT sustain life-threatening injuries.

I'm sorry for your loss, but happy you all are alive.

I do hope this was a mis-type and that you did NOT sustain life-threatening injuries.

I'm sorry for your loss, but happy you all are alive.
My fiancé sustained a vertebrae fracture in her neck . She is mobile but in some pain. It will take 3 months with a neck brace and a few hospital trips. If it had broken more or if she had moved more after the accident it could have been much worse. I some how was unscathed. it could have been much worse.

Glad the two of you are alive and best wishes with the fiance and a new cruiser!!

My fiancé sustained a vertebrae in her neck fracture. She is mobile but in some pain. It will take 3 months with a neck brace and a few hospital trips. If it had broken more or if she had moved more after the accident it could have been much worse. I some how was unscathed.
Glad the two of you are alive and best wishes with the fiance and a new cruiser!!
Thank you!

Wow sorry to see! I can imagine that feeling in the pit of the stomach when you realize control is being lost, but I cant imagine it at such speeds. Cruiser did its job!

Thank you for sharing your experience and the pictures. Amazing that the roof didn’t crush down more. Good luck in your recovery.

Damn dude, that's amazing and terrifying all at the same time. I'm really glad you guys made it through that, because if I'd rolled up on that wreck I'd have taken a bet someone hadn't. Hope she is OK, mentally. We all know that shlt happens and trucks can be replaced.

My fiancé sustained a vertebrae fracture in her neck . She is mobile but in some pain. It will take 3 months with a neck brace and a few hospital trips. If it had broken more or if she had moved more after the accident it could have been much worse. I some how was unscathed. it could have been much worse.
I wish her the best on her recovery. That can be a long, difficult road and may be problematic for years.

Again, glad you're both alive. The LC must die to save the inner lives.

I wish her the best on her recovery. That can be a long, difficult road and may be problematic for years.

Again, glad you're both alive. The LC must die to save the inner lives.
Thanks! She is a tuff girl. She was walking around this morning with her neck brace. Her arm bothers her some from some nerve pain but the doctors are saying that will likely go away after it begins to heal.

God bless you both. Pretty early for predictions but up walking with some pain is a pretty good prognosticator compared to many other options

I had a highway speed front impact in my 100 and am absolutely convinced it saved my life. My career has been in prehospital and emergency medicine which exposes one to a ton of accidents with a lot of energy to dissipate, and have no doubt about the role of the LC structural protection in that accident. It's why my family travels in the 80 or the 200.

Thanks for sharing that and sincerest prayers that you will both have an amazing story for your grandkids

Glad to hear you walked away.

While safe (for a car designed in the 80's) - the vehicle's lack of ESP played a critical role in creating the accident. Chicken or egg as it were.

Wow, glad it wasn't worse!

Can we move this to part-out in classifieds?

j/k

Oh my, glad things turned out as well for you both as they did. The truck can be replaced. Take your time and make sure the GF takes it easy. Neck injuries can be bad news and tend to never go away completely. BTDT, 2 whiplashes and a rollover here, but this looks worse than all three put together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom