For Sale FJ80 Rock Rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Built FJ80, 350TBI conversion with full emissions and cat (CO exemption papers), 39.5" Swampers, 15" True Design Beadlocks, full sized spare is not a beadlock, heavy duty axle shafts/birfs,, elocker front, detroit rear, 5.29 gears, heavy duty drivelines, Slee skid plate, Slee prototype front adjustable control arms, Slee 6" lift, later FZJ electric seats, Slee original front bumper, Warn Winch, Slee Sliders, ready to take the family crawling. It has a cracked windshield, the AC is not hooked up, and it has body damage mostly in the rear quarter panels. I bought it for a friend to use at Rubithon 18. He was unable to make it. I have too many Cruisers and this one is just a big toy. I have a non-damaged tub that may be negotiated into the deal. Ideally I'd like to sell it before SEMA, if I don't sell it before SEMA I might hold onto it for the winter and pray for snow. $8300
uglibus.jpg
IMG_1060.JPG
IMG_1061.JPG
IMG_1062.JPG
uglibus.jpg

Last edited:
A few more.

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG

who installed the engine? Slee?
Have been looking for an 80 to drop a 350 in. Might should buy yours. You are in Idaho??

What year is it? Also wondering how it is on the highway with those swampers.
Could it be driven to Texas. Might be spooky.

Last edited:
It is a 1991. The engine is a 95 Chevrolet Factory 350 with Throttle Body injection. The conversion was done a long time ago. A friend of mine brought it to Idaho when he moved here from Colorado about 15 years ago. I'm older and at my age I would not drive it from Idaho to Texas on the Swampers. I might drive it with a good set of radials. I think my friend originally drove it out from Colorado to Idaho, but it was 37" MTRs back then. The Swampers are sort of unpredictable. When they get warmed up they ride decent. I've felt completely safe at 65mph and then 20 minutes later the road surface changes and I don't feel safe at 65mph anymore. It grabs in the ruts on the road. I never bought it with any intention of driving on the road but I've been driving it to work quite a bit the last few weeks. It isn't bad at slower speeds. The brakes are great on this truck. They are better than my 94 80 on 35s.

Could it be driven to Texas. Might be spooky.

Or if you had another Hurricane you could be the hero :)

Put 35s on it. 65-70mph was OK. 82 was sketchy but we had high winds. The nasty vibrations at speed are definitely the swampers. But honestly I like the ride and howl of the swappers better. It also seems more stable.

04D24E20-A524-4C63-AFA3-C9AE737982F7.jpeg

It is located in SLC until this weekend if someone down that way wants to take a peek.

I need to get this for GSMTR 2019!!

It would be a great rig for that. It isn't a good highway rig with these tires. It isn't too bad with smaller radials. But anything more than 80 miles on the highway would be too much labor. It just isn't fun to drive on the highway. Off road, it is a workhorse.

BTW I'm down to $7500 now. I'd like for it to find a new home. I need to thin the heard. I'm way over what I need. I have 9 insured Cruisers right now and a few other projects. All the projects must go and I need to sell a few of the runners too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom