FJ80 OEM front bumpers - differences between years? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone point out any differences with the FJ80 front bumpers bewteen years?

I was under the impression that the 1991-1993 front bumper and attaching hardware is the same - but then was looking at some later model FJ80's and it seems the only physicaly difference I can see from photos is that the metal bumpe rarea has different holes in it that are more oblong...

Can anyone list some actual technical differences between OEM front bumpers and the attaching hardware?

NorCalDoug said:
There seem to be differences between 94 vs 95-97

I'd bet that there would be differences between 91/92 and 93/94 too.

Yes, I did see the variances between the 95-97's by reading the forums, but there seems to be limited data available for the variations throughout all of the years - such as the 91-94's.

is it just a physical trim difference, color, or actual bracketry and overall fitment issues - this is what I am trying to determine.

Bear80 said:
I'm not sure about 91-92. But 93-94 have a chrome trim and they do not stick out as much as the 95-97 bumpers.

Also anyone knows what this is for?

Factory winch cover ;p

In some 80's, they even offered a mechanical (PTO) winch option. You wind/unwind it by stepping on the throttle. :)

I'm reading about it now on my English/Arab 80 series owner's manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom