FJ80 in KC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am a HUGE fan of the early 80 and I have had two 3fe's. That color is fantastic! and you just don't see them out and about much any more. Rust free is a must on these. I had trouble with leaking sun roofs on both of mine so keep an eye on that. I hand polished my failing clear coat and got a great patina effect. I repainted the flares and the whole thing has a nice soft patina to it. It is 100% stock and I have no plans to repaint it as that is what drew me to it in the first place. I think they look cool with a little character in the paint.

I restored my 1991 and sold my 1992 to upgrade my kid to a 100. Love both of them but the 92 was a little rough and crusty so it was time for it to go.

094CB22C-02B8-44B0-94D6-EF2159E6A2D8.jpeg

3522A8E2-AD67-4CEC-A9EC-398A29BD436C.jpeg

18B0BC2C-BF4C-49D6-A6D7-899A898C8E4C_1_201_a.jpeg

Sounds right. Iirc, my master panel worked but my individual window didn’t.
Can you ohm it out or swap the motor from front to back? Your motor is probably gummed up from the past 3 decades of life so it could be worth trying to take it apart to clean it.
Yes…I’ll give that a shot.

I am a HUGE fan of the early 80 and I have had two 3fe's. That color is fantastic! and you just don't see them out and about much any more. Rust free is a must on these. I had trouble with leaking sun roofs on both of mine so keep an eye on that. I hand polished my failing clear coat and got a great patina effect. I repainted the flares and the whole thing has a nice soft patina to it. It is 100% stock and I have no plans to repaint it as that is what drew me to it in the first place. I think they look cool with a little character in the paint.

I restored my 1991 and sold my 1992 to upgrade my kid to a 100. Love both of them but the 92 was a little rough and crusty so it was time for it to go.

View attachment 2766920
View attachment 2766927
View attachment 2766929
Those are great looking rigs! Maybe I am missing it, but i looked and didn't see any build info where you talked about what you did to your rigs. For example, did you just hand polish the clear coat? Any before/after pics? Did you consider going the dupli-color route?

Where are you in KS? We live in the country SE of Lee's Summit but my office is in Shawnee. Would like to see your trucks sometime.

Again, great job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom