Fj80 hf2a to nv4500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello new to the forum
I am assembling parts for a 96 land cruiser build. I have a 4bt and a hd dodge nv4500. I am stuck on the transfer case issue. Anyone know any options for the nb4500? It seems easier to go with an automatic Thanks jon

You can go from a NV4500 to a 19 spline split case that came on 60 series land cruisers. You lose AWD since there is no viscous coupling, but then you can go with manual hubs which may be a plus for some users.

Adam

You can go from a NV4500 to a 19 spline split case that came on 60 series land cruisers. You lose AWD since there is no viscous coupling, but then you can go with manual hubs which may be a plus for some users.

Adam
This is the exact combo In the conversion I am doing. You can also go with the Orion transfer case.

Jon, I think you recently sent me an email regarding Cummins conversion parts for your 80. I replied assuming you were planning to use a 6BT (4BT/6BT wasn't specified in your email). If you're using a 4BT my answer would have been a little different.

We don't stock them, but can make an NV4500 HD to HF2A adapter to order. There is a design problem with the AA splitcase adapters. They will continually pass transmission fluid into the transfer case.

I feel it's easier to use the stock automatic. It cuts the scope of the project roughly in half, but if you want a stickshift there aren't many options.

I am weighing out my options. I got the nv4500 for free. I'm am just getting the cost together from one option to the other. What would the no to hf2a concession cost? I know a trans controller is at least $1k. Thanks jon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am so thrilled that someone is doing almost the exact build I want to do! 6bt - NV4500 - HF2AV. from what I know, the T case will hold a relatively strong amount of torque and horsepower. and I want to keep the fulltime 4wd.

I was informed that 69rambler is the guy to talk to about anything 6bt and FJ/FZJ.

Im not going to jack your thread, but I am subscribed! please don't be shy with all of the little steps/s*** you run into! if your not familiar with Jonesy's build, look up "Predator Land Cruiser" on youtube and see what they do, but its a 6bt.

I suggest a 6bt over a 4bt in every way. I am not condescending you or trying to be an ass, but you can find them cheaper than a 4bt, and have serious tuning power potential. who doesn't want that?

I'm beyond stoked! light the way!

Bump. Anyone out there besides dustin that can make the nv 4500 to hf2a adapter?

Or how do i make one myself?
I got all the tools to do this, but i really dont have an idea of how and what ill need to do to get it done.
Ive never taken a transfer case apart from a tranny so i dont know what im up against

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom