Wanted FJ80 grill and misc parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RocketCityCrzrs

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rocketcitycruisers.com
So I have an LX450 that i am going to toyota up. I am looking for about a 94-95 fj80 grill that still has toyota spelled out on it.
Also looking for am fzj80 toyota airbag (oak color) and the rear hatch lock that says toyota.

Pm sent..have all.

So DaFuzz, just wanted to give you a little update. The toyota airbag and wheel fit perfectly, no hiccups. The FZJ80, the FJ80 and the LX version of the FZJ80 all three had different grills. I wanted to put the FJ80 series grill on that had Toyota spelled out but it is too short and the headlight orientation is slightly different. When i looked at the grill for the FZJ80 Cruiser it also was different around the headlights. The LX headlights apparently have an outward slop top to bottom where the cruiser is straight. So i ordered a toyota badge for the front grill because the badges are the same size on the lexus and the toyota. The lexus badge has the L shape behind it in the plastic, so you will have to dremel that out but once you do the toyota emblem fits perfectly and it covers all the dremel work.

The rear hatch lock cylinder is different from the LX to the toyota. The lexus uses laser cut keys which make the cylinder from the toyo and the lx not interchangeable. Found that out the hard way.... I haven't formulated a way to fix this just yet, but i am looking to take the cover off the toyota lock assembly that i received and fashion it onto the lexus one. The issue there is the key hole cover is riveted on and once you drill it out, there is no way to reattach it. The lexus emblem on the back door is pretty straight forward. It DOES have 2 holes underneath it so buy the emblem from a 97 cruiser. IT is made to have the slight curve in it to align with the curvature of the door so it will sit right and cover the two holes from the original.

I am still getting it all together but i will post pix up here once i do...

I just posted pics with my Grill swap results……..You can see the difference in the Lexus vs. Toyota grill size. Perhaps I'll try to source the sombrero emblem and dremel out the "L" and have a back up grill that fits a bit better if I get tired of the old school. Good to hear about the rear emblem. Need to find one of those as well.

'96 TO '93 Grill Swap Results

I just posted pics with my Grill swap results……..You can see the difference in the Lexus vs. Toyota grill size. Perhaps I'll try to source the sombrero emblem and dremel out the "L" and have a back up grill that fits a bit better if I get tired of the old school. Good to hear about the rear emblem. Need to find one of those as well.

'96 TO '93 Grill Swap Results
Here is the grill after i retrofit the toyota emblem, and the rear hatch

20170506_145511.jpg

20170506_145530.jpg

Great job on fitting the Sombrero into the grill... Looks seamless. Ill have to try that.

Also need to find the rear emblem as well and get the "L" off my rear end...

The front grill was just a dremel and two holes. The bottom center "peg" on the sombrero actually sits on top of the hole but you cant see it because the emblem covers it. The rear L actually has two holes in the door but if you center the sombrero correctly it will cover them up and seal them. The biggest issue is the tumbler for the LX wont fit into the Toyota lock mechanism on the rear door, so i dont have a key to unlock from the back. Not a show stopper but a nuisance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom