For Sale FJ80 Filler Neck in Excellent Condition - Atlanta (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_1356.JPG
IMG_1357.JPG
i ended up patching mine instead of replacing it, so I won't be needing this one. $75. Packaging this up looks like a real PITA, so local pickup preferred.

After further investigating with a small mirror, I was able to track my leak down to two small holes on the top side of the filler neck on the horizontal section of pipe that runs parallel to the floor, so I opted to use epoxy tank repair to see if it worked. So far so good.

Unfortunately I immediately threw away the box the filler neck came in when I bought it, so the challenge is finding another box. I have heard you have to cut it in half to install it if you don't want to loosen body bolts and lift the body off the frame, so I suppose I could cut it in half and then finding a box to ship it in becomes less of a challenge.

After further investigating with a small mirror, I was able to track my leak down to two small holes on the top side of the filler neck on the horizontal section of pipe that runs parallel to the floor, so I opted to use epoxy tank repair to see if it worked. So far so good.

Unfortunately I immediately threw away the box the filler neck came in when I bought it, so the challenge is finding another box. I have heard you have to cut it in half to install it if you don't want to loosen body bolts and lift the body off the frame, so I suppose I could cut it in half and then finding a box to ship it in becomes less of a challenge.
I've heard that, as well. My lines aren't leaking, but they're showing pretty good signs of corrosion so I was going to either try to clean them up, neutralize the rust, and recoat, or just replace them with rust free lines... Both options are likely going to be a PITA. :censor:

Let me know what you end up deciding on the shipping. No rush.

Thanks!

Yeah, mine were a little crusty in spots but still solid so I gave them a good coat of rust inhibitor to hopefully sustain them for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom