FJ80 cabin air intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Outsane yes, that last pic was from footwell (blower removed for replacement) looking straight up. Looking up the chimney, so to speak.
So two questions,

1. did your wife help you with arts and crafts time or do you just have very well-kept fingernails? (Edit I missed your note about the 11 year old future Mugato)
2. did you install from the bottom, like fisting the beret up the 'chimney', or did you come in from the top side? (Double edit, I see you shoved it up there, apparently reading comprehension isn't my strength today.)

20220729_204715.jpg

I am going to try to make a filter version you can slip on without cutting a hole.

But I needed access....so I cut a little.

A few easy tweaks and I think this will be ready.

20220731_234629.jpg

20220731_234639.jpg

It's designed to be installed by sliding it over the fan intake, without needing to cut anything.

Next step is to decide on a good filter material I can cut out with the laser cutter.

This is apholstry foam for mock up, and because I have it.

Wonder if a direct 'mirror image' will work with RHD 80's? The other option is fit filter element material or design replacement clip-in grilles for the air openings under the scuttle plate.

seeing that this thread has gone somewhere from the last time I checked, subscribing for future reference :cool:

WHOA.

:cool:

Link to product, I have shipped left and right hand drive versions

I've purchased and installed the RHD version. Took about thirty minutes, mainly in removing and reinstalling the fairing between the hood and windshield, and a bit of blindly fiddling to ensure it locked in tightly, but the install videos were helpful. Good product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom