FJ80 and fj40 in Sacramento CA... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My buddy has these at his shop, is toying with the idea of putting the 40 body on the 80 frame, keeping the 80's engine and axles. Little $ would be needed for the build but more time then he can spare. He is not a die hard cruiser guy and is more then willing to sell both rigs whole, or part them out if it can be done quickly.

The fj40 is gone.

1995 FJ80 hit hard but runs with 4.5 / auto. No lockers, FF rear. Drivers side doors and sheet metal is toast. Passenger side doors are pulled and ready to sell. Rear axle is either bent, or the links may be bent. If bent it would possible be a great donor for a aftermarket housing. In preparation of the build the body has already been cut from side to side right through the middle of the front seat area.
IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

PM me if interested in anything.

Last edited:
What would it cost for him to move forward with the build and them sell it?

if he had a serious buyer lined up I am sure he would consider it.

.....Parts from the 80
Passenger side side marker light, and head light
IMG_3363.jpg

Front drivers seat
IMG_3360.jpg

Front Pass
IMG_3359.jpg

2nd row Driver
IMG_3362.jpg

2nd row pass
IMG_3361.jpg

do either of these have clean and current CA titles?

It is Dirty but can be cleaned. I need to double check with my buddy to see if he wanted to keep it.

Need all electrical parts / rail system for front passenger seat. Let me know the price.

I have a possible buyer for the seats lined up, if that falls through I will start replying to everyone else in the order that they asked.

Today we finished cutting the body off the frame
IMG_20121208_154157_828.jpg

IMG_20121208_160824_591.jpg

If we do not get the 40 sold soon I am going to start stripping it down and get it ready to put on the 80's frame.

We are not sure what if any suspension mods we will do if we go ahead with the build.

I have 6 more pics showing the rust which there is little of given the age of the fj40. I will gladly email them to any serious buyers. For a 40+ year old truck the body thing is in pretty amazing shape for what little care if any it was given. The worst rust is at the rear bumper/ body line just below the rear gate. There is some in the drivers side foot well but it is not all the way through and it can be saved.

I have 1 buyer lined up for the seats out of the fj80 but if he does not contact me by friday I will move on to others.

If anyone is interested in the engine, tranny/ T-case or axles for the fj80 please let me know.

Bump. That 40 is really worth saving. It looks complete. If you start cutting, shot me a price on that heater from the 40

I honestly want to find a buyer for the 40, it would bring me to tears to cut it up. I am not a die hard cruiser guy but I can appreciate them for what they are. The project would not require alot of $, just time which I do not have and I know the project would wind up unfinished along with a few others in the shop.

What happened to the headliner and all the trim?

What is left is still connected to the body sitting out side waiting to get picked up for scrap.

Looks like the 40 is sold.

I still have the entire drive train for the fj80, the seats, the passenger fender and the passenger side doors as well as the dash.

If anyone is interested in the above let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom