fj80 acceleration problem - late engagement of tranny? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just today i pick up out fj80 which has been the shop for 6 wks. getting the head gasket done. cost a boat load and on my way home the 80 did something its never done. under moderate acceleration it revs super high and but doesn move, a few seconds later it will finally "catch" and actually move. is this related to them messing w/ the engine or a tranny going bad. remember it just started and has never done this. thanks

What FJ80 do you have, how many miles, service history, and why isn't it in your signature along with the FJ40? Also, what was the vehicle in for besides a head gasket? They don't take a month and a half to install.

DougM

its a 94. 205k miles, when they did the head gasket they did alot of normal maitenance stuff, oil filter, sparks, etc. and yes it took a month to do it. dont ask me why... thanks..

Hltoppr, turns out you were right. the cable seems to run along a track and had come off. also turns out the fj80 was running or 4-5 cylinders, sometimes changing. got it all fixed. the 6 cylinder is really quite peppy now. thanks alot though

CHead5,

So, why is it not in your sig line?? Also, that's an FZJ80, not an FJ80 though we often interchange.

DougM

That "Z" is good for 60 horsepower and double the valves. ;)

where is the kickdown on a 91?

I am starting to feel this as well....no FSM...xmas present I was told.

Thanks!

[quote author=Cruiserhead05 link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=msg67351#msg67351 date=1069705069]
it revs super high and but doesn move, [/quote]

Sounds like a typical 3fe to me. :flipoff2: :eek: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom