FJ80 91 Won´t START Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I stopped using my FJ80 for a month or so and after that it loss power and it had a very rough idle so I thought it was the fuel pump and indeed it was failing so I have replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter and she cranks but it will not start.

I checked for spark and there is good strong spark, I replaced the EFI relay and no go, I have checked to make sure fuel is getting to the relay and once it is pressurized making its way back to the tank and indeed that is also happening.

The CEL turns on and it is working, I did get it to start about a week ago but it was very rough, I don´t know what else to check or how to go about it.

All help is welcome.

Sounds like inadequate fuel pressure to me. Got spark? Check. Got fuel? Yes but not sure about pressure. Have you ever changed the FPR and/or the Dampner? Easy to check fuel pressure. Just unbolt the line that comes off of the fuel rail up to the cold start injector and test there. Autozone loans the pressure tester for free.

I checked it before I changed the pump, it was low but I haven´t checked it again since I changed the pump today. I don´t have the tool with me at the moment but I will source it again to check on it.

Can too much pressure make it not start as well?

When you check the fuel pressure, it has to be tested at the fuel rail. If you haven't changed the FPR and fuel Dampner, I would. Both of these items affect fuel pressure.

Yeah the pressure was tested at the fuel rail where it the cold start injector connects to the rail, I will check it again now that I have replaced the pump, I just don´t want to start replacing parts if not needed, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom