FJ75 front electric hub parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 90's FJ 75 front axle and I need the flanges that bolt on the outside of the hubs. The outside of the flanges are beat to sh#t and one is cracked. does anyone have info on where to find parts? :doh:

I went to the dealer and they told me they had nothing in their computers for this type of axle. apparently since it was not imported into the us

I have a 90's FJ 75 front axle and I need the flanges that bolt on the outside of the hubs. The outside of the flanges are beat to sh#t and one is cracked. does anyone have info on where to find parts? :doh:

Have a look at a 60 series,they are probably the same. They were all manually locking as far as I know.
Is it an ex mine vehicle?

Hmm, is this the part that houses the little electric motor for engaging the hubs? If so that part costs about 5-700 each if I remember correctly. Not sure if you can find some used. I do have a conversion kit that I have been working on with spacers and manual hubs. Let me know if interested.

Regards,

I have not removed them to see what is there internally. Its the outtermost flange that has several bolts. like where the switch would go on a manual hub. I think the model year was 92. I dont have the vehicle becase the story I got was the origional owner bought it directly from japan and had it shipped here.
If the price for these flanges is 5-700 each then I am definately interested in a coversion. that is if it is cost effective.

I have not removed them to see what is there internally. Its the outtermost flange that has several bolts. like where the switch would go on a manual hub. I think the model year was 92. I dont have the vehicle becase the story I got was the origional owner bought it directly from japan and had it shipped here.
If the price for these flanges is 5-700 each then I am definately interested in a coversion. that is if it is cost effective.

Is this an ex military vehicle?

This is the flange. It houses the gear that turns the lock in or out. 1.jpg
1.jpg

yup, thats them.

ok, email me at lshobie@yahoo.com I bought kit from japan for a customers truck - it was a 1991 HZJ73, the electric hubs were shot in it. So I took the kit and basically copied it. The kit from Japan cost about 700 buy the time it got here.

Regards,

I think he would need everything from the spindle out - including the spindle and possibly the birf. Sheldon and Greg at G and S know what is needed - ask them.

Sorry guys,as far as I understand,I think all zcruz is looking for is the outer cover plate(flange) piece that the 6 torx head screws go thru,not the entire electric hub assembly,if you remove this you see the electric motor pinion and the driven gear..

Last edited:
Also , because the electric hub is 15mm longer than the manual type hub, if you wanted to fit driving flanges you would still need the spacer rings.
These converstions are OK for the average driving, but for hard on 4WDing , big tyres ,lockers etc, they tend to be a weak point.
Like braking the cap screws.

yup, thats them.

ok, email me at lshobie@yahoo.com I bought kit from japan for a customers truck - it was a 1991 HZJ73, the electric hubs were shot in it. So I took the kit and basically copied it. The kit from Japan cost about 700 buy the time it got here.

Regards,

So the post 90 JDM HZDJ74 got electric hubs? They kept them all manual in oz.

I would rather get out and change myself,not such a big deal and I usually have to deflate tyres anyway

Ahhhh, my bad, should have read the post eh:) Ask around in the diesel wanted section, someone there has probably done a conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom