FJ62 Windshield Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is the thing you really need to tend to when you replace your glass. The guy might wire wheel some of the rust, which had been done before I did my body work. If they are there to replace a windshield they aren't going to say, "hey, do you want to take care of this rust?" They are going to do their best to sleep on a new windshield and get on to the next job.

20190925_130926.jpg

20191001_155141_HDR.jpg

This is the thing you really need to tend to when you replace your glass. The guy might wire wheel some of the rust, which had been done before I did my body work. If they are there to replace a windshield they aren't going to say, "hey, do you want to take care of this rust?" They are going to do their best to sleep on a new windshield and get on to the next job.

View attachment 2514022

View attachment 2514023
This is why when I eventually have the windshield done, it'll be with a new OEM gasket, rubber lock strip from Wagon Gear (which I have) and I'll have it done at the Land Cruiser Shop in Sandpoint, ID (short drive from me) so they can do whatever necessary body work if any nastiness is found underneath, along with resealing and repairing the gutter. Crossing my fingers I can afford to get it done by next summer, but that depends on the economy and my ability to get a good job that at least matches my welding gig I lost earlier this year. Half the company got 86'd after a corporate buyout.

DON'T use safelite.

This is good Chinese Glass, 'bout the only thing you're going to find now, unless you can source some NOS PPG (under diff name now) glass. Find an independent shop and have them order it and either use the OE rubber or the aftermarket is good too. Precision makes it. A mom 'n Pop shop will install correctly. Safelite will install quickly...

I just called to confirm and they have multiple units. I have this in my truck and good quality. They're in OH, so not too bad on shipping for you unless you wanna make the long drive.

Man, sorry to revive a very old thread, but I just ordered this glass for my '62. Thank you for the heads-up on Kool Katz. Very nice people to work with. 62s aren't listed where fitment is concerned, but the woman that I spoke with was knowledgeable and assured me that the new glass would fit my '88.

Thanks again for the link.

Yes, very very good people. I ordered a windshield and rear tinted glass with defroster. Took them a while to track down the rear, but they found it and shipping was pain-free.

Cheers.

Yes, very very good people. I ordered a windshield and rear tinted glass with defroster. Took them a while to track down the rear, but they found it and shipping was pain-free.

Cheers.
That’s all great to hear. Thank you for the confirmation. Stoked to get some new glass!

Good to know about Kool Katz. Is their glass better than what my local shop would likely supply? Is there a brand of glass to ask for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom