FJ62 Window Control Frustration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been battling the little green window control box for to long Is there a work around from this green devil in my door????

What is your window doing (or not doing)?

I offer a refurb service but whether it would help you depends on your symptoms.

Last edited:
What is your window doing (or not doing?).

I offer a refurb service but whether it would help you depends on your symptoms.
Do you offer a service to refurb the master window/lock switch? I brought it to a guy who cleaned up all my contacts a couple months ago, but now my power lock switch has stopped working again, and my 3 auxillary window switches only work intermittently from the master. Each window works fine when pressing their own respective switches

Do you offer a service to refurb the master window/lock switch? I brought it to a guy who cleaned up all my contacts a couple months ago, but now my power lock switch has stopped working again, and my 3 auxillary window switches only work intermittently from the master. Each window works fine when pressing their own respective switches
For those I don't, since good quality replacements can still be sourced new (for less than $100). Once significant wear happens to the contacts inside, cleanup only buys you at best a couple years of service, and on average a few months. I had experimented with it earlier last year and there were just no satisfactory results.

For those I don't, since good quality replacements can still be sourced new (for less than $100), and once significant wear happens to the contacts inside, cleanup only buys you at best a couple years of service, and on average a few months. I had experimented with it earlier last year and there were just no satisfactory results.
I can only find brown ones - have you sourced a grey one?

I tried the cheap knock-off version, and haven't had a problem in two years. I was also having trouble with passenger side front. New switch there solved problems that I thought were motor related. Nope...just switch. FWIW

I tried the cheap knock-off version, and haven't had a problem in two years. I was also having trouble with passenger side front. New switch there solved problems that I thought were motor related. Nope...just switch. FWIW
I'd buy the switchdoctor option, but they only offer it in brown. I have a grey interior and would like it to match... Perhaps paint?

I'd buy the switchdoctor option, but they only offer it in brown. I have a grey interior and would like it to match... Perhaps paint?
One thing you can do is swap the internals of the new Switchdoctor unit into the gray trim of the OEM unit. I did that with mine and it went together beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom