FJ62 Water Temperature Sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think that's the one. It's definitely the 2 pin sensor, and of course the hardest to access since it is below the other two. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.
thanks!

here's a pic. I realize that the single pin spade connect isn't connected in this picture.

IMG_3434.jpg

here's a pic. I realize that the single pin spade connect isn't connected in this picture.

View attachment 2710925
That one is the temp sensor for the ECU. That was is super important in keeping the truck running well. Mine went bad and the truck had major issues. You have a early 88 version of the sensor like I had. If you can swing it, it would be good to replace the sensor and connector if its original to the truck. The updated sensor is 89422-20010 and the connector is the one I post just before from KSV looms, which you can also get from the dealer. The early 88 sensor and connector are NLA from Toyota at this point.

The sensor above that with the cracked connector is the cold start timer sensor just FYI. Important for those cold starts (duh) but not as critical as the ECU temp sensor below.

Thanks. I ordered the connector from KSV looms, will it connect to the existing sensor? I have checked the resistance of the sensor and it seems to be within spec per the FSM. Or do I need to order the new sensor so that it will match that connection?
We have had previous issues with rough idle, spitting black smoke, etc. and cleaning that connector fixed it, but recently we got a "22" error code which points to that sensor/connection again so i'd like to replace that connection.

Thanks. I ordered the connector from KSV looms, will it connect to the existing sensor? I have checked the resistance of the sensor and it seems to be within spec per the FSM. Or do I need to order the new sensor so that it will match that connection?
We have had previous issues with rough idle, spitting black smoke, etc. and cleaning that connector fixed it, but recently we got a "22" error code which points to that sensor/connection again so i'd like to replace that connection.
Yeah, the connector I linked via KSV is for the late 88+ sensor, so you will need the updated sensor to match it. You have the earlier one like I had before I switched. While its going to cost a few bucks, its worth it since you will get a new OEM sensor that is not NLA and a new connector that is still readily available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom