FJ62 vacuum line material (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've recently noticed that my '89 has convential rubber lines, while my brother in law's '88 has what appear to be braided fabric lines. Some of his lines are failing by unraveling at the tips, making a loose connection. Anyone know if the braided lines were standard for '88 only? thx.

What lines? Where on the engine? Got pics?

Can't think of any braided fabric lines on my 62.

Basically all the small diameter lines on the right side of the engine, as looking at it after popping the hood. Maybe someone with an '88 can chime in on this. Just curious, really. It seems like an inferior material and I'm wondering if it's stock or aftermarket. Sorry, no photos. Just got a digitial camera last month and I haven't figured out how to re format my photos so they'll fit in the attachment uploads here.

FWIW; I have been having vacuum problems with my '82 FJ 60. It's been having problems starting sometimes. Other times it would start fine and run for a while before stalling. Anyhow, I decided to replace all of the aftermarket vacuum lines with OEM. The guy at the parts counter said that the OEM lines are stouter and don't tend to crimp the way cheap line does.
I remembered and found a thread that Landpimp started on 2/1/05, and he discovered that you can order 600 mm of OEM vacuum much cheaper than buying each piece. The part # is 90999-92003. A few of the lines are longer than 600 mm, so those you have to order seperately. I got a vacuum diagram from p. 48 of the SOR catalogue and blew it up on a copier. The parts guy at the Toyota dealership can also give you the same print out. Toyota's will have all of the part numbers on them. They've been whited out on the SOR catalogue

Ive got a 88 62 and all the vacuum lines on my truck. There is some wierd braided line that part of the plumbing for my tranny cooler, but thats it. That sounds like some aftermarket s***.

Thanks guys. That's what I suspected. Will make a note on the part # for new lines.

Wow somehow i forgot the part where they are all rubber. my bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom