FJ62 Tuffy install, quick writeup (pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
For those of you looking to put Tuffy consoles in your 62s, I've taken some pics of mine so you can get an idea of the installation that worked for me. I forgot to take pics of the holes I drilled while it was off, but if anyone wants, PM me and I'll try to snap a couple and take measurements when I get back to the States in September.

Tuffy-BetweenSeats.jpg

Between the factory seats. I got the 8" console with DIN sized compartment in the front. Almost looks stock don't it?

Tuffy-Rear.jpg

Okay not so stock, huh? It looks much better than I originally thought it would when I first pulled the factory console out. I wish there was a better way I could surround the heater control lever to make it look better, but it looks pretty good. I need to at least get a hot/cold decal on it so people know what it's for back there.

Tuffy-ShifterClearance.jpg

Here's where I had the biggest problem, was maintaining clearance from my shifter but keeping the console as centered as I could. As you can see, I had to pivot the T handle on my shifter, and even then when I downshift to 2nd or 1st it takes some creative hand positioning. This is my only real gripe though. Sure wish I could put in an aftermarket shifter that I could offset a little more...

Tuffy-ShifterClearance2.jpg

Another clearance shot. The ebrake is close, but my knuckles just barely clear the console. You can also see that I had to offset the cupholder quite a bit to clear the plastic shifter "boot". No way was I going without a cupholder! Hell that was the reason I spent the 200+ bucks for the console in the first place :D

Very nice - When I put my VDP console in I gently bent down the heater control are for the rear heater. I always just leave it on warm any way. This way the console went over it and I gained a inch or more and was able to place the console back more. I don't have any problems with the shifter.

Looks nice - real cup holders are great!! :)
attachment.php

mmw68 said:
Very nice - When I put my VDP console in I gently bent down the heater control are for the rear heater. I always just leave it on warm any way. This way the console went over it and I gained a inch or more and was able to place the console back more. I don't have any problems with the shifter.

Looks nice - real cup holders are great!! :)
attachment.php

You have any more pics of that console? Looks pretty sweet.

In the second picture (the rear view), what's that connector you've got stuck into the seatbelt holder strap on the console?

polarweasel said:
In the second picture (the rear view), what's that connector you've got stuck into the seatbelt holder strap on the console?

That's the control switch for the rear heater's fan :grinpimp:

Spook50 said:
That's the control switch for the rear heater's fan :grinpimp:
Oooookaaaaay...I'll bite... What was wrong with its placement in the dashboard? Too hard for your dog to turn the fan on? :D

Looks just like mine except I have cupholders on the back. I didn't have to turn my handle on the shifter, it makes it all the way into 1st without hitting. I also have my heater switch bent up like that.

mmw68 said:
If Iam right - I think only the 60's had the control on the dash, on the 62 it's in the console.
Some one who knows more..correct me if Iam wrong. :)

[Phil Hartman] You are correct sir! [/Phil Hartman]

I'd like to get a little piece of aluminum cut to hold the switch, just to make it appear that much more stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom