FJ62 transmission oil cooler installation help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
sorry to bother every one again as I am running into more problems

I got a new radiator from criserparts.com and the kit comes ( has to be) with the external auxiliary transmission cooler because the OEM spec one for automatic is no longer being produced. . it is a beefy one with the cooling fan I think it is made by sppeedmaster79.

I DID see many posts here about the oil cooler mounting but never seen any post about this big boy ever installed on a FJ62.

my truck is sitting at the shop awaiting for the solution...

help me please

PCE187.1001.jpg

That is a big boy. Brackets are going to have to be fabbed for it, then mount it where it will fit.
Not very helpful advice I admit- but that’s the gist of it.
You’ll want the oil to flow from bottom to top.

The in-tank cooler on the radiator removes a tremendous amount of heat before it gets to the auxiliary cooler. You will definitely need that cooler in order to keep everything cool enough without the radiator cooler. I hope the fan is thermostatic, as you don't want to overcool the transmission.

The in-tank cooler on the radiator removes a tremendous amount of heat before it gets to the auxiliary cooler. You will definitely need that cooler in order to keep everything cool enough without the radiator cooler. I hope the fan is thermostatic, as you don't want to overcool the transmission.
My question here is where and how to install this big boy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom