FJ62 transmission cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had my A440 trans rebuilt a few years ago and had an external trans cooler installed at the time bypassing the trans cooler on the radiator.

Now my radiator is blown and I’m replacing with one from CCOT.

my question is this. Should I run the trans cooler and the external in series to expand the cooling efficiency or just bypass the one on the new radiator and continue to use the external only?

I would use both, run it into the radiator first, that'll bring it down to coolant temp then run to the external and that'll bring temps down further. This is how I run mine and it's very efficient

Hi, I run both in all mine. Make sure to put exactly the right amount of fluid back in,drop pan and clean filter Too.

Even with the added fluid capacity of the extra cooler and longer lines. I would expect the trans fluid quantity would be significantly more.

I'm running this one. Derale 53406 34 Row
I have a temp gauge installed and hardly ever get above 180 degrees. It holds an extra 3/4 of a quart of fluid, which is a big plus as well.
Don't use 6an stuff....
Definitely keep your radiator in line, it'll help cool plus it holds more ATF.

I’ve watched this thread and others about cooling. I’ve been plagued with heat issues. Installed a Derale transmission cooler and yanked the junk from po had installed oil temps were running 230+, transmission 240+. Water struggled to keep 210 Texas weather. Today after all in everything brought down 15-20%. 5.3 LC9 now breathing better.

Also replaced overflow tube that was crammed against bottom of reservoir. I opened the hood last night and noticed top radiator hose was collapsed. Cut the end of the line at a 45 degree angle. Hasn’t happened again. Hope it was that easy
AC0F09A0-B7A1-4F2B-9412-2034E4F78525.jpeg

83E80C25-9107-4FC1-A447-7EAA57FB429D.jpeg

D555359A-5B55-4282-9320-1BB039F1488C.jpeg

I had my first Utah heat summer with the biggest derale I could fit, 53406 34 Row.
I have a temperature gauge installed and really struggled to get it above 180 degrees all summer.
It holds almost an extra quart of fluid.
One of the best things I've done for the AT.

20210926_104414.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom