FJ62 tow a boat? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. I have been looking at buying a boat. I see one I really like but I don't know how much I can tow with my truck. I don't have a hitch so I would have to have that installed. The boat I am looking at is pretty big. It is a Wellcraft Nova 250 with twin 350 chevy engines. 25 feet long. Anyone have any advise on this? Thanks always!

How much does the boat weigh? Instinct tells me that your 62 is way too small for that boat (twin V-8s!!!) I think the tow rating is around 3500-4000 lbs, but I havent checked lately. I see a 3/4 ton truck in your future if you buy that boat.

How far do you have to tow the boat? I have pulled a 23ft Four Winns for a SHORT distance with my 87 fj60, but it only has 1 V8.

Zack

I have a 20' CC and pull it with my 62, i know a V8 would be better but i am not unhappy with the towing ability, and i can still enjoy my cruiser. Though there are many other variables to look, i am assuming it is a tandem axle trailer and that the trailer has brakes. Within towing capacity i would say in short distances on flat ground would be good but stressing the tranny a bit....

That 25' twin engine will kill your cruiser, that's a big boat. The second boat you posted would probably be ok to tow if your 62 is in good shape, has a tranny cooler, etc.... be careful though, if you haven't towed much before, even a small trailer can be a handful in bad conditions (up or down hills, wind, etc)

Thats alot of boat! I dont think I would tow that with my wife's Tahoe. I pulled a 23' boat with my 60, but not out of the water, just a few miles down da skreet. My 0-60 time was about 94 seconds.

A 1977 boat is worse than a 1977 Land Cruiser - really a hole in the water to throw money into. Go for the 1993: you might even afford to put gas in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom