FJ62 total height of vehicle with ome 2.5 lift and 33's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting ready to do a lift and some tires on my 62. I have stock springs with 220k and think it's time to upgrade a bit. I really want to do 31's but I also really want to do an OME lift and I think the 31's look a little small with it. Anyway, trying to figure out if I'll be able to still fit in my garage?! That's may biggest concern right now. Thanks for any help!!

I'm sitting on 31's, aprox 76" tall at the roof rib, so add 1" for 33's

33s 2.5 lift and roof rack fits in the garage with sons 62 with about 2 inches to spare.

How's about some measurements for the OP, considering all your garages are different heights.

I have a 62 with medium OME and 32" BFG MT, and it stands at about 6'3" (though it's hard to tell exactly).

Thank you for the replies. Gonna be close. My garage door is low. Right about 6'3" Maybe a new plan is needed..

Thank you for the replies. Gonna be close. My garage door is low. Right about 6'3" Maybe a new plan is needed..
Did you ever find out the total height of the vehicle with 2.5 inch lift and 33s? I have the same garage height 6'3" and wanted to add a lift.

33’sOME heavy, arb roof rack

8ft 1 inch, had to get a buddy to sit on the bumper to get in the garage

Me far left ,,, all various stages of 33’s and ome lifts sorry I couldn’t find a closer shot of in front of a door

B310175E-BD30-43BE-9494-FADA2E997746.jpeg

33’sOME heavy, arb roof rack

8ft 1 inch, had to get a buddy to sit on the bumper to get in the garage

Me far left ,,, all various stages of 33’s and ome lifts sorry I couldn’t find a closer shot of in front of a door

View attachment 2566396
That’s just about how tall mine is too.

My Cruiser is topped out at the back wheel right at 80". It has the OME medium rear with added leaf in the front. I am running 33 x 12.5 on 15 x 8 wheels. My rack is a Gamivi and I was also concerned about the fit into the work space. Your door is an old school garage door height (i used to have one). Modern doors standard is 7' and 8' tall. My truck clears by about 1/2", so there is no pulling in fast. In my area any newer doors have to have hurricane struts on the back of the door. this drops my clearance from 84" to less than 81" I can always remove that bottom strut however. Hope this helps.

Mine with 33's and 2.5" inch lift, roof rack and cargo pod was at 7' 9". It caused me great embarrassment at the automatic carwash. Lucky for me the only damage was to the cargo pod.

OME Light/Heavy on 33" BFG KO2's sits about 75" to the vehicle roof height. Running the Bowfin Rack with MaxTrax puts my total height around 82"
E9755921-5319-47C2-8BA3-4ECE309E18F5.jpeg

Last edited:
OME Light/Heavy on 33" BFG KO2's sits about 75" to the vehicle roof height. Running the Bowfin Rack with MaxTrax puts my total height around 82"View attachment 2569718

This is awesome info! Really appreciate you taking the measurements and pictures. I might be able to squeeze in with 31s or 33s and no lift.

In regards to my garage measurements:
Ceiling - 84"
Garage opening - 82"
Thanks again for all the feedback everyone.

Wow, not much difference between ceiling and opening! A taller door is not and option. If the operator rod hangs lower you could look at or price a Jack Shaft operator? It mounts on the wall on either side of the door opening and direct drives the torsion bar. No belts, chains, or bar hanging down. But if you have a 14-16' wide door you can miss it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom