FJ62 tailgate carpet panel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I have this figured out. I bought a carpet set from @dnp. The tailgate carpet appears to have a board under it that the carpet is attached to. Mine is missing and it is NLA. I was thinking of cutting a piece of board and using that. It appears to snap into about 14 holes. Snaps seem to be available.

I want the look of the carpet, is there an easier way to do this? I think I will search the classifieds for a used panel. Am I on the right track here? Thank you.

By the way the carpet is really nice and it was at my house within a couple of days!

I think I have this figured out. I bought a carpet set from @dnp. The tailgate carpet appears to have a board under it that the carpet is attached to. Mine is missing and it is NLA. I was thinking of cutting a piece of board and using that. It appears to snap into about 14 holes. Snaps seem to be available.

I want the look of the carpet, is there an easier way to do this? I think I will search the classifieds for a used panel. Am I on the right track here? Thank you.

By the way the carpet is really nice and it was at my house within a couple of days!

Used Panel from classifieds might be the way to go. Though you could probably make a sturdier one yourself. If I remember correctly there isn't a whole lot of form beneath the carpet. Just like the door cards its a flimsy piece of cardboard I think. I remember reading a thread where someone was making door cards out of a strong cutting board type of plastic. I wonder if something like that would be better?

Yeah I got a used one just for a template and to show the upholstery shop.

I got the same kit, haven’t opened it.

Is the tailgate piece trimmed in like vinyl? Like bound around the edges?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom