FJ62 - shorten crank to start time?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EscapeWagon62

SILVER Star
Threads
My rig has always required several seconds of cranking before it fires up particularly if it has sat for a few an hour or more.If I do a shorter (couple of seconds) crank, turn key to off, and re-crank it fires up immediately.

My gut is that there is some pressure loss in the fuel system that causes this (meaning the initial cranking builds pressure and the extended and/or second crank fires it up. Maybe a check valve I’m. not aware of?

Condition existed before and continues after replacing the fuel filter, pressure regulator, fuel pulsation damper as well as having all injectors cleaned/leak down tested/balanced etc. Idle, timing, valves, vacuum, distributor, rotor all in spec.

Anyone solve this issue (which isn’t so much of an issue and more my quest for the perfection.

Thanks in advance.

They’re all like that (3FE’s). Just how they are

There’s no “pressure loss” in your fuel system if everything is working correctly, fuel pressure is irrelevant to wether your engine is cranking or not

Have you replaced/checked your larger gauge wires/connections?

Have you replaced/checked your larger gauge wires/connections?
I have not and good point. Many moons ago I had some issues starting and tracked it down to my fusible link wiring assembly.
I’ll get some new battery to starter cables just in case.

I have not and good point. Many moons ago I had some issues starting and tracked it down to my fusible link wiring assembly.
I’ll get some new battery to starter cables just in case.
I'd do ground cables too. @Fourrunner makes a good kit if you don't want to make your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom