FJ62 semi newbie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wishing I was in Paraguay but currently in Oregon
Hey guys, been an addict for a while now but never introduced myself. I've got an '89 FJ62 with 182k on the speedo. I am extremely mechanically ignorant but you all have made doing work on my Cruiser much more bearable and a hell of a lot cheaper. So, with that I wanted to thank you guys. Just recently painted the grill and some minor work on the interior. Also am able to do my minor tune up things. Things I would like to do would be to give it a small lift and get some manly tires. Thanks all, Ryan
IMG_1533.jpg
IMG_1535.jpg
IMG_1538.jpg

Add A Leafs would be your cheapest route for a small lift to fit 33's. What do you use it for and what do you want it to become?

Nice looking cruiser, I lvoe the blacked out grills (have one myself) looks clean too.

If you're not sagging too much you can run 33's without a lift, a lot people do.

The truck is 20 years old, man. It is time for some new springs. Buy 'em from Cruiser Outfitters and bolt 'em on. You will love the ride, and then you will go for the new tires. Replacing springs is a fun project. I did mine myself, and that is evidence right there that anyone can do it!
001.JPG

Currently it's a dd but planning on retiring to South America in a few years so it will be turning into an expedition vehicle. Do plan on working on the leaf when I get back from Cali next week. Slowly gaining confidence on doing work on it so there's a bunch that I want to do.

welcome! Sounds like you are on the right track.

TK

I agree! We did AAL in the rear and new +1.5" shackles and I have lots of room should I want to go to a 33" tire. I went with an Aussie locker in the rear (you will get lots of opinions on this) and am very happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom