FJ62 Rough Idle When Starting Cold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fzj80 1997

SILVER Star
Threads
I bought an fj62 a few weeks ago and ever since I got it, it has had a rough idle when starting cold. A quick blip of the throttle evens it out immediately and it idles at 1200 until it warms up a bit and settles to 550. I took out the cold start injector and cleaned that up. That didn’t change a thing. Plugs, wires, cap and rotor were all changed recently. Any help is much appreciated.

I bought an fj62 a few weeks ago and ever since I got it, it has had a rough idle when starting cold. A quick blip of the throttle evens it out immediately and it idles at 1200 until it warms up a bit and settles to 550. I took out the cold start injector and cleaned that up. That didn’t change a thing. Plugs, wires, cap and rotor were all changed recently. Any help is much appreciated.
550 is too low for idle. A FJ62 should idle at 650rpm. I would check and calibrate your throttle position sensor on the throttle body. It’s easy and the FSM does a good job of explaining it. Also, check the health of the water temp sensor for the EFI circuit. If that goes bad, the computer has a hard time on adjusting engine performance and weird idling symptoms come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom