FJ62 rear heater fan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

x2, pull the console up (remove the knob at the end of the heat lever first) and poke around with the connectors and a multimeter.

digging up my own old thread. I figure I better get the rear fan working before i forget again or something breaks on my 40. I've installed a new fan motor but it still wont turn on. I don't have a voltmeter but is there some other common problem that would cause this not to work? Fuse in the panel looks fine is there another relay in there somewhere?

Also I was testing the rear hatch light and when i moved the switch it made the front heater fan come on. I was like WTF, I know there is a short somewhere probably but how do i get to those wires?

digging up my own old thread. I figure I better get the rear fan working before i forget again or something breaks on my 40. I've installed a new fan motor but it still wont turn on. I don't have a voltmeter but is there some other common problem that would cause this not to work? Fuse in the panel looks fine is there another relay in there somewhere?

Also I was testing the rear hatch light and when i moved the switch it made the front heater fan come on. I was like WTF, I know there is a short somewhere probably but how do i get to those wires?
I know this is a dead thread, but where did you find the new fan? My rear heater core is fine, just need a new fan motor.

I know this is a dead thread, but where did you find the new fan? My rear heater core is fine, just need a new fan motor.
Do you still have the motor? It's possible it just needs new bushes and/or the commutator resurfaced. PM me if you do; I might be able to get it running again.

I've got a fan unit that I stole the front plate and copper down spout off of — fan motor works great.

Shipping and it’s yours you just gotta send your junked one to @Spook50 so he can tinker with it... he needs to use his new fancy cleaner toy!

I've got a fan unit that I stole the front plate and copper down spout off of — fan motor works great.

Shipping and it’s yours you just gotta send your junked one to @Spook50 so he can tinker with it... he needs to use his new fancy cleaner toy!
Wow really! Thats so generous. I could send you something in trade if you want I have two parts BJ60s I just don't have a working fan motor - and my problem actually isnt that my fan doesn't work, its that it turns verrrrrrry slowly because its a 24V fan in a 12V truck. I'll PM you my address

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom