FJ62 rear heater delete (Hose Part Number Needed) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got an FJ62 and the rear heater doesn’t really work. I’ve got a Tuffy Center console I am going to install and want to delete the rear heater.

I’m looking for any rubber hose part number that is formed and won’t kink in order to reroute coolant from the inlet/outlet hard lines.

I know I’ll have holes to plug in the floor board if I delete completely, or I can leave the heater in place.

Any help is appreciated.

0C8BEA61-813E-4304-88F6-54FF5D1CBADB.jpeg

Other than the hose possibly breaking where it's kinked wouldn't worry about it. Once the heater is removed there is no reason to maintain flow. The heat has a valve to shut off the flow so know it's not needed. Personally would figure a way to cap the lines permanently in the engine compartment.

I am in Texas and what few days I do need heat, I can get plenty from the front. I deleted mine during my carpet project. Just remove whats under the seat, cap the body holes under the seat and reroute the lines in the engine bay. This thread outlines what I did. I got a barb connector for the one that goes into the engine and it eliminated as many possible sources as possible to spring a leak. All worked great. Good project and you will like the extra room under your seat (or maybe you 62 guys have yours under the center console).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom