fj62 powered antenna into 82 fj60, how hard is it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caladin

Noob, but trying to learn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bz93.com
fj62 powered antenna into 82 fj60, how hard is it?

Doe sit bolt in and then you just have to run control wires for it?

Thanks,

Eric-

My 1985 was pre-wired. But '82 is probably a little early for that. I used the OEM switch. The wiring for that is below. You just need power and ground to the switch and two wires running from the switch to the antenna motor. The polarity is reversed for up vs. down.

Radio's these days also may have antenna control so you would have to refer to the radio wiring diagram if going that route. I think one reason why the Land Cruiser has a separate switch is so you can put it down when crashing through trail hazards.

1666280427778.png

I installed one in a ‘86 in 1989. I recall it was easy. Back then the antenna switch that goes in the square nothing panel on the dash was still available. Easy project.

The antenna switch for an FJ60 is listed as a valid part from 1980, so you might have the wiring for it already. The FJ60 switch (84760-90A00) is discontined, but it looks like the FJ62 switch is still available (84760-90A01). I'm not sure it is the same size as the FJ60 switch, though. @ToyotaMatt might know.

fj62 powered antenna into 82 fj60, how hard is it?

Doe sit bolt in and then you just have to run control wires for it?

Thanks,

Eric-
I installed one in a ‘86 in 1989. I recall it was easy. Back then the antenna switch that goes in the square nothing panel on the dash was still available. Easy project.
The antenna switch for an FJ60 is listed as a valid part from 1980, so you might have the wiring for it already. The FJ60 switch (84760-90A00) is discontined, but it looks like the FJ62 switch is still available (84760-90A01). I'm not sure it is the same size as the FJ60 switch, though. @ToyotaMatt might know.

i have a few FJ62 power antenna Up and down switches , but a FJ6O on is a UNICORN in a hay stack for sure !

The 62 power antenna switch is a perfect fit in the spot shown.

The switch looks like the one in this link

363FADF6-9206-499E-BD51-2D477F86D5A2.jpeg

Did mine many years ago - with a 87' FJ60, everything was just a plug-in to the existing harness so pretty straight forward.
power_antenna_switch.jpg

Looks and works very well -- whenever I am on the trail, I put it down.
power_antenna_down_fj60.jpg

One of the vendors has a power replacement available. There was one available on ebay for a while - Asian mftr. Ours is the 'opposite' of conventional power antennas, if you want it to work with OEM switch, which gives you flexibility in raising/lowering, versus late model radio power antenna wire, which raises/lowers antenna based on radio on/off respectively, with no independent control.

It used to be that, to replace the FJ62 power antenna shaft, you could buy from the dealer just the FJ60 manual shaft. I replaced mine several times that way (don't ask). The 60's were like $20 each as opposed to buying the entire FJ62 power antenna assembly, which was the only way the dealer sells them . Power antenna worked fine with it. Can anyone confirm if the OEM 60 antenna shaft is available somewhere? I did it again......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom