FJ62 power window problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My passenger window seems to have no trouble going down but often has issues going back up. I've taken the switches apart in the driver's and passenger's door, cleaned up the little bit of carbon, put it back together, and still no change.

What happens is that the window simply will not go up, not even if I'm helping it with my hand. Going up and down quickly on the switch sometimes helps, as does sometimes pushing on the button hard, but other times that doesn't work. When it does work, the speed is fine.

I get the same issues through the passenger switch.

Thanks,

Ara Dileepan

My passenger window seems to have no trouble going down but often has issues going back up. I've taken the switches apart in the driver's and passenger's door, cleaned up the little bit of carbon, put it back together, and still no change.

What happens is that the window simply will not go up, not even if I'm helping it with my hand. Going up and down quickly on the switch sometimes helps, as does sometimes pushing on the button hard, but other times that doesn't work. When it does work, the speed is fine.

I get the same issues through the passenger switch.

Thanks,

Ara Dileepan
Check the window runs on the doors. If the switch works and there is power to the window motors,, likely the window runs need to be replaced. I just replaced the window runs on my LC and windows operate like New.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom