FJ62 Power Window Gemlins Still Alive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

grayfj62turd

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm at the end of comprehension with my window problems. My 89 FJ62 has a new power window master switch and refurbished power window relay (new relays installed on the circuit board). The Drivers side button or power down will not function. The other buttons operate all the windows except the driver side rear window. I checked the motor on that window and it works fine. Window switch does not work on the rear drivers window either.
The green box relay makes a "thunk" noise when I try to use the correct drivers power down button. What am I missing? I've purchased another green box switch from Cruisers.net but it didn't help. Had the circuit board refurbished as well but no help.
Is there something else I should check? I used the service manual to go through the check procedure and everything still points to the relay again. Can't spend anymore $$ on another box.
I've seen the "permanent fix" thread but I'd rather not go down that rabbit hole with a possible electrical gremlin running amuck.

Thoughts?

Have you checked voltage to the door switches? Maybe a bad ground or broken wire in the door hinge area?

New OEM or switch doctor replacement? I've seen previous posts about the switch doctor switches needing to have some wires swapped around.

I have a brand new OEM master switch and a Switch Doc unit. All have the same results

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom