FJ62 Power Antenna Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, All.
I'm a new member, long time off and on lurker. My family had a 60 when I was growing up, brother had a FZJ80 and I still have the 100 series on my list someday. Currently have a 94 Extra Cab Pickup and 08 v8 4Runner.

Introduction out of the way, I have a quick question for you 62 guys. I'm looking to install a power antenna switch in my 94 extra cab. Currently the circuit is a constant 12v on, antenna goes up, 12v cuts, antenna goes down off the head unit remote wire. Ive been looking at the FJ62 switch which looks like it will fit the dash, but I was wondering if you can tell me if its a momentary switch or a constant? I just want to wire it to run +12v in the on position.

Here's a pic of the truck. :)
1.jpg

Thanks!

Looking at the wiring schematics the FJ62 switch is momentary and switches the polarity between the up and down function. I have a aftermarket antenna on my FJ62 and I am looking for a switch like the one you described above. Let me know if you find something.

upload_2014-11-13_5-52-37.png

Hey MarkN, thanks for the reply! It sounds like the 62 switch is a no go. I have a rear defrost switch from 2nd gen 4Runner that I will likely re-purpose instead. Its just a simple on off that you can use for pretty much anything and they are easy to come by. It has back-lighting and a brighter light when on, so it will fit in with the interior like stock, I'll see if I can modify the label.

Hey MarkN, thanks for the reply! It sounds like the 62 switch is a no go. I have a rear defrost switch from 2nd gen 4Runner that I will likely re-purpose instead. Its just a simple on off that you can use for pretty much anything and they are easy to come by. It has back-lighting and a brighter light when on, so it will fit in with the interior like stock, I'll see if I can modify the label.

Did you have any luck with modify the label?

Did you have any luck with modify the label?

Hey Mark, yep it worked out well. I actually had 2 of the defrost switches. I wired one up for some fog lights and changed the label on that one. The antenna switch I did in a hurry the other day and didn't change the label but it works great.

The defrost switch is pretty universal and you can wire it to light up with the dash lights on one bulb behind the label and light up the rectangle light when on. I setup the fog light switch that way. The power antenna i just wired up the simple 2 wires for the switch. I'm planning to go back and change the label and wire up the switch bulbs later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom