FJ62 Parts on 6/77 FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FJ62 Brake Booster and Master on 6/77 FJ40?

I recently found a FJ62 in a wrecking yard and I'm trying to decide if buying it and parting whats left is worth it. Part of what may make this attractive is compatability of the 62's parts with my 6/77 40. Sell most - use some is the idea. So if I break even, its OK with me.

Questions in order of importance:

1) Will the FJ62 brake booster and master work on my 6/77 FJ40?
2) Any different answers/changes if I upgrade to rear disks in the future?
3) Will the Throttle cable work on a 40 with little modification? Planning OBA
4) Is the 62 starter "gear reduction" and will it work on my 40?
5) Will the alternator swap?
6) Coil swap?
7) Anything else I should consider?

The 62 3FE engine is gone, but the auto tranny is still there. The truck was hit in the front passengers corner which pushed the axle back and broke the transfer case in half. Front and rear axles are available (with 411 difs). Few good body parts: hood, DS front fender, upper & lower tailgates, back passengers door. Most dash parts and grab bars are still present but the rest of the interior is gone. Lots of small parts on the inner fenders under the hood. The PS and Smog pumps are frozen. PS gear and hoses are available. The 62 is white with blue/gray interior.

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
If you get the truck, PM me I need some small items and there is a guy in LSLC Dallas that was needing a trans......no way to know condition of that one though......

booster should work, might have to flip it upside down. Master, maybe

t-cable, prolly not

yes starter is GR and will swap

alt, prolly not

coil and dizzy, nope.....well maybe the coil, betting not though

77TLCFJ40 said:
I recently found a FJ62 in a wrecking yard and I'm trying to decide if buying it and parting whats left is worth it. Part of what may make this attractive is compatability of the 62's parts with my 6/77 40. Sell most - use some is the idea. So if I break even, its OK with me.

Questions in order of importance:

1) Will the FJ62 brake booster and master work on my 6/77 FJ40?
2) Any different answers/changes if I upgrade to rear disks in the future?
3) Will the Throttle cable work on a 40 with little modification? Planning OBA
4) Is the 62 starter "gear reduction" and will it work on my 40?
5) Will the alternator swap?
6) Coil swap?
7) Anything else I should consider?

The 62 3FE engine is gone, but the auto tranny is still there. The truck was hit in the front passengers corner which pushed the axle back and broke the transfer case in half. Front and rear axles are available (with 411 difs). Few good body parts: hood, DS front fender, upper & lower tailgates, back passengers door. Most dash parts and grab bars are still present but the rest of the interior is gone. Lots of small parts on the inner fenders under the hood. The PS and Smog pumps are frozen. PS gear and hoses are available. The 62 is white with blue/gray interior.

Thanks for the advice!

Can anyone tell me why the brake booster and master would not work? The FJ62 master bore size is 7/8". What is a 6/77 FJ40? Any big difference in the booster shaft length between a 62 and 40? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom