FJ62 Parking Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

echodeuce

LC Fiend
Threads
I bought some LED bulbs from Odd Iron Off Road to replace the front parking light bulbs. I figured it was as easy as removing the lense cover, so I did just that. I gained access to the bulb and when I turned the assembly to release it, the wire/bulb assembly fell back into the compartment. How do I gain access? The battery is in the way. Does it need to be removed? Is access gained in the front by removing the grill? Am I overthinking this and missing an obvious solution? Thanks!

I think I may have misunderstood the description when ordering the parking LEDs. These definitely aren't going to fit in the front parking lights. What are y'all using for LEDs here?

IMG_6084.JPG

It's a 194 bulb, all of them are in the marker/license plates. LED's are directional, so if they don't work one way, flip them around.

It's a 194 bulb, all of them are in the marker/license plates. LED's are directional, so if they don't work one way, flip them around.

Pull the bulb and it sure does look like a 194 male end. I do know that my license plate lights are not 194s. I've already changed those out for Odd Iron LEDs. They are the type with two nubs that insert, spin and lock.

Pull the bulb and it sure does look like a 194 male end. I do know that my license plate lights are not 194s. I've already changed those out for Odd Iron LEDs. They are the type with two nubs that insert, spin and lock.
Ah, I just assumed they were 194's, but I have an aftermarket swingout rear bumper on mine with 194's.
The other ones are for sure 194's I have 194 LED's in all of mine on my 62.

I have 194 Warm 3000k from superbrightleds in the corners... the color matches my headlamps, Sylvania SilverStars. I bought a pair of Cool, Natural, Warm to see which matched the headlamps the best and decided on the Warm - if you care about those details. The Cool and Natural were super bright and would be ideal for someone that has installed LED/HID headlamps.

I just removed a set of LEDs from the side markers of my FJ80 (#194s). Both of them were flickering and sputtering and looked like crap. Some LEDs are good and some are bad. Some work fine for a couple months and then fail.

Dome light LED arrays seem to work fine, but I have struggled with LED backup bulbs that were dim (Sylvania), LED taillight bulbs that never seem to have the correct polarity, and now these flickering #194s that are junk. I'm sticking with filaments for exterior lighting.

SuperBrightLEDS is a great source. You just missed the 4th of July ten percent off sale. You never know what you're getting off Amazon or eBay. SuperBright won't steer you wrong. Look carefully at your options tho - color, beam angle, lumens, etc

To supplement this thread, I did get parking light bulbs in LED form from superbrightleds.com (PN#194-WWCOB1W).

Instead of making an entirely new thread, has anyone had any luck finding replacement gaskets for the parking light lens? Even making their own (and out of what material or where to get?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom