FJ62 Knuckle Rebuild Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

1st time post! Can anyone help me find some information on how to re-build by front steering knuckles on my 1989 FJ62?

I would love a step by step process with pics if possible.

Thanks in advance!!

Josh

Get the factory Chassis and Body manual, available from take the shirt off your back expensive SOR or your friendly smart-shopper discounting Toyota parts man Cruiserdan in Albequerque. Also available from local Toyota dealer. Check SOR's price, Cruiserdan's and your local dealer and then buy from Cruiserdan. :D
Even a 40 series or minitruck manual will have most the info you need. I think a 62 series birf is very similar to a 40 series, if so read the 40 series tech writeup in the tech pages. Its really not hard, if you take your time and make mental or digital images of how it goes together and you have a decent tool collection and general mechanical knowledge its not hard at all. Just takes time and LOTS of rags or a parts washer. ( I prefer parts washer)

Yep...check the tech section, read thru all the histeer, birfield, and knuckle processes.....the 62 is "identical" to the 40-45-55-60 and very similar to the 80 for this.

Thanks for the information!!! I will check those places and get the repair manual.

Thanks Again!

Oh yeah, I like having both Haynes and the FSM, sometimes where the FSM will say use "so and so expensive and unobtainable SST" Haynes tells you how to do it with a bootiefabbed tool or with normal tools. I printed out the tech writeup, read it a few times, had both the FSM and Haynes open when I did it.

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=5795;start=msg46404#msg46404 date=1064973854]
Oh yeah, I like having both Haynes and the FSM, sometimes where the FSM will say use "so and so expensive and unobtainable SST" Haynes tells you how to do it with a bootiefabbed tool or with normal tools. I printed out the tech writeup, read it a few times, had both the FSM and Haynes open when I did it.
[/quote]

Accually getting SST"s isn't hard, just order them:

http://toyota.spx.com/index.asp

They're kind of spendy, but remember that old saying, "the right tool for the job"?!? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom