FJ62 - in need of matched timing gears (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I'm seeking assistance in finding a "matched couple of gears" for my FJ62 after undergoing a complete engine rebuild that has taken two years ( I've been facing several difficulties due to the inexperience of mechanics in Italy) now I'm facing an issue where a couple of timing gears that I purchased from CLEGG ENGINE that do not match each other, causing a bad noise from the engine.
Although the warranty period has expired, I had hoped for some assistance from CLEGG engine, but unfortunately, they have not been of any help in resolving this issue so I'm now turning to this forum for help.
Due to the faulty gear couple, I was forced to dismantle the engine back entirely, and I'm now in need of a matched couple of timing gears to proceed.

If anyone knows where I can purchase a matched couple of timing gears or can provide any assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is a picture of the two gears received new from CLEGG ENGINES.

Thank you for your time and help.

Nick

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-11 at 16.05.58.jpeg

They aren’t matched from Toyota :meh:

Pretty sure new OEM is available from Toyota. Do you have a source for new parts in Italy?

Partsouq may be your best bet once you find the part numbers
Thanks for your information. I've not tried with Toyota as the FJ62 GAS was not distributed in Italy. I'll look in northern Europe to see if they have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom