FJ62 Hub Sockey question

OK..

Priming for my axle rebuild and setting up for it.

I have a borrow hub socket.

It is 2" 3/32.

The standard is 54mm or 2 1/8 from what I have heard.

Has anybody used what I have?

Can I use it?

I mean the hub socket size.

I have a 2" 3/32

All the procdecures call for a 54mm size or a 2" 1/8.

But then.. a BFH sounds good to me.

thorvald

if you don't know if it will work, and no one else does, I'd bite the bullet and buy one. either find a snap-on dealer, sears, etc.
after looking all over town for one so I could fix the rotors on my 80, I ordered one from Slee, it's a blue-point from snap-on if I remember correctly.

same thing with brass hammer, the snap ring pliers, etc.
I got the snap ring off the birfield with no problem with the wrong pliers but couldn't get it back on, went and got a set of the pliers with flat sides and it took about one minute to get them both back on. :beer:

oh, and half the time that I spent on them was spent driving around trying to find tools and parts. I couldn't find a brass hammer even :eek: had to meet the snap-on dealer.

Last edited:
just make sure that whatever socket you buy, it has the actual socket-drive. I got one from SOR that has the right size socket, but it doesn't have a 1/2" drive on the end, instead it has a hole in the side to poke a screwdriver through. Still, it works better than the chisel, but not very usefull for attaching to a torque wrench :(

cruiser_guy

sandcruiser said:
just make sure that whatever socket you buy, it has the actual socket-drive. I got one from SOR that has the right size socket, but it doesn't have a 1/2" drive on the end, instead it has a hole in the side to poke a screwdriver through. Still, it works better than the chisel, but not very usefull for attaching to a torque wrench :(
Steve, I'm sure someone down in Costa Rica can cut a 1/2" square into it for a dollar or two!

Skniper

2 3/32" socket is the right size. I have one from Matco, fits perfect...and several other Cruisers have used it. It also has the 3/4 to 1/2 adapter....use a proper torque wrench and follow the FSM preload directions.

Put the BFH & chisel down, sir...now slooowly, with your hands up, step awaaay from the BFH! :D

Top Bottom