FJ62 headlamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are these rectangular lamps 6054's? Don't think so, but thought someone would know for sure. I'm considering some sort of upgrade and am wondering if the Hella Vision Plus rectangulars are the right fit. If not, is there an IPF lens that fits? The FAQ deals with FJ60, but not 62. Any info on 62 upgrades should also be included in the FAQ, IMO.

Last edited:
IPF does not offer a headlight for the US(or LHD) cruisers, Hella does, shame as the IPF IMOP is a better lens, I run IPF in all my 7" round cruisers, except for my euro spec Kaito E-codes in my 82 fj40 ;)

the outer is a H4(use a 55/60), the inner is a H1(55 I think), those are for E-code lights. I have an upgraded harness in our 62, running higher wattage bulbs.

I know the Vision Plus is DOT legal, but the E-codes are so much better and no one has issues with them

Non-sealed beam H4 E-code headlights are great, I like Cibie but IPF or Hella will be good too. No matter what you do, start by upgrading the wiring and put some relays in so you are providing power direct and not through your old wiring harness. You might find some info on the 3FE list in the archive and maybe even here too.

You may find this helpful:
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/165mm_lo.asp#165FF

Landpimp beat me to it. I was looking for a good upgrade site but couldn’t find it, sorry.
IPF used to have the LHD lights as James at LCC used to sell the arb wiring and the lamps as well.

I prefer IPF over Hella too but I want some Cibies instead.

Landpimp said:
IPF does not offer a headlight for the US(or LHD) cruisers, Hella does, shame as the IPF IMOP is a better lens, I run IPF in all my 7" round cruisers, except for my euro spec Kaito E-codes in my 82 fj40 ;)

the outer is a H4(use a 55/60), the inner is a H1(55 I think), those are for E-code lights. I have an upgraded harness in our 62, running higher wattage bulbs.

I know the Vision Plus is DOT legal, but the E-codes are so much better and no one has issues with them

Thanks much. I'm going with the IPF's and the green phosphor bulbs on my green BJ70- strictly for the bling factor :) For the FJ62, any recommendations for a place to pick up those E-code lights on line?

I think your right, ARB once told me that LCC had a stock of the LHD IPF's, but this was a few years ago. ARB does or did not have any

StanCruiserMan said:
Landpimp beat me to it. I was looking for a good upgrade site but couldn’t find it, sorry.
IPF used to have the LHD lights as James at LCC used to sell the arb wiring and the lamps as well.

I prefer IPF over Hella too but I want some Cibies instead.

StanCruiserMan said:
Susquehanna Motorsports has the Hellas, see link above!

For Cibie look here:
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html

This site also has great information, see sections:
Why and how to upgrade your lighting circuit
Aiming your E-code headlights

Nice! FYI, Cost of the whole package, with mo betta wiring harness, best bulbs and Cibie lamps is $400!

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/wiring_harnesses.asp

I've got their two-headlight switched-ground system (the very first they ever made!) and it's great. Highly recommended. Buy the harness and their set of 4 Hella lights, and you'll be out the door for under $300 -- less for a two-light system.

StanCruiserMan said:
Looks like James has another source or leftovers.

Eh? Is that a bad thing?

zcruiser said:
Eh? Is that a bad thing?
Not bad...unless he runs out! Better move on them if you want them.

Having great lighting is a beautiful thing. I think most people don't realize what a difference these can make wired up correctly.

Landpimp said:

Hey John did you use the harness plans that Wayne designed a few years back?

I'm working on designing a similar system (relays and direct power) for our power windows, but won't know if it's really feasable until I get home and can put a voltmeter to the window motor connectors.

yes Wayne made it for me(last xmas), its wonderfull :)

Looks like the link above has the harness premade now

Spook50 said:
Hey John did you use the harness plans that Wayne designed a few years back?

I'm working on designing a similar system (relays and direct power) for our power windows, but won't know if it's really feasable until I get home and can put a voltmeter to the window motor connectors.

Pimp, you are correct, sir! That harness is made directly from Wayne's plans. Incidentally, those plans are also available in the tech section here somewhere, and linked from the "brighter headlights" thread in the FAQ.

polarweasel said:
Pimp, you are correct, sir! That harness is made directly from Wayne's plans. Incidentally, those plans are also available in the tech section here somewhere, and linked from the "brighter headlights" thread in the FAQ.

Yeah that PDF was done up by yours truly :D

I've drafted a wiring diagram for my electric fan installation just recently, and if it all works when it's installed, I'll do a big ol' writeup for that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom