FJ62 fuel pump issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced my fuel pump a couple years ago. Rig has been driven very little. Anyway, went to start it and it wouldn’t start. Went through some diagnostics and got to the paper clip Fp to +B jumper in the diagnostic port. Couldn’t hear the fuel pump. Went to pull the paperclip and the dang thing was hot! I couldn’t find this scenario described anywhere. I’m guessing fuel pump is locked up? Any guidance would be welcomed. Thanks!

check the connection in the left rear quarter panel, below the jack and tool roll.
other option is to remove the rear carpet and run a hot wire and ground to the connection by the fuel level sender and see if it works.

I replaced my fuel pump a couple years ago. Rig has been driven very little. Anyway, went to start it and it wouldn’t start. Went through some diagnostics and got to the paper clip Fp to +B jumper in the diagnostic port. Couldn’t hear the fuel pump. Went to pull the paperclip and the dang thing was hot! I couldn’t find this scenario described anywhere. I’m guessing fuel pump is locked up? Any guidance would be welcomed. Thanks!

Did you replace both your Inline black canister fuel filter , and and more important the mesh screen on the bottom of the picki up tubes when you installed the new pump ?

was your new pump a OEM toyota NipponDenso Unit

or

a ROCK AUTO .........................type ?

sitting for a long time can clog older in place oem filters , from simple age and time ?

Call out # 23217A is the filter in-tank mesh sock screen element , MUST replace when doing / did pump years ago ?

1601032753380.png

1601033025422.png

Thanks for the replies. Did some more checking and the fuel pump was the culprit. Locked up! When I pulled it, the screen mesh, which I had replaced, had come loose. Obviously, I didn’t do a good job of replacing it. Likely knocked it loose when putting the fuel pump into the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom