FJ62 Fuel Problems...Any Suggestions??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
members.cardomain.com
Cruiser broke down in middle of traffic...will attempt to start, but won't turn over. After letting it sit for a day, was able to get it to start up, but only for 5-7 seconds and because i was revving it past 2G RPMs.
Guessing fuel prob cuz we're getting plenty of spark. Checked fuel line into filter by removing union bolt and "turning on" the vehicle. No pressure, or at least no fuel shot out. All fuses are fine, so onto removing the gas tank. Drained my fuel, and come to find out, first gallon was just bout all H2O. WHOA! maybe this was the prob...still trying to remove the tank anyhow, is it supposed to be this hard? i know the fuel pump is inside the tank...had to remove the dual exhaust because it was mounted in the way...not to mention both tie rods / & ends. And how many hoses lead into the fuel tank??? I've counted at least 12.
Any suggestions will be welcome...anyone in the central FL region willing to help will be fed steak and beverage of choice.
Chad

hmm should be 2 to/from the pump, 5 off the side and the single giant filler hose. I ended up having to take off my rear sway bar mounts to drop it, after that it was cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom