Fj62 front OME springs backwards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I believe the front OME springs on my fj62 we're mounted backwards, with the military wrap facing forward, instead of chassis side.
Before I spend hours amending this, what kind of effect would it have on the truck, if they we're mounted backwards?
Rears appear to be correct with the military wrap mounted chassis side.
Thanks y'all!

sounds like you are describing a shackle reversal mod on your front springs. It's supposed to give the truck better handling on the road.

Generally, you want the military wrap mounted on the fixed side of the spring. That way if the main leaf breaks, you can still theoretically control the vehicle.

It's only a couple of hours work to set it right.

With that said, did someone set up a shackle reversal? That moves the fixed point of the spring to the front.

I don't think the shackles reverse mod was done, like y'all are describing. From all the pics I've seen, it's the normal OME kit and brackets.
Will this have any adverse effects on handling? Is it worth the 4 or so hours of work to flip them the correct direction?

Yes.

Funny but not funny my 62 has shackle reversal and whom ever did the lift and shackle reversal has the military wrap on the chassis side noticed when i first got it 5 years ago haven't changed it tho....

Thanks for the input guys. I'm more so wondering what effect it will have on the truck. Anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom