FJ62 front brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey let me know what real expensive is .I can get rebuilt calpers for $60.00 if you have a core ,i can get them anytime. I can get rotors for about $30.00 part number prt 1510 bendix global .

And where are you? Shipping on these things could be a deal breaker....

well i already bought the rotors and pads. i was wondering if i should replace the bearings anyway while i'm under there. should i bother to check them or should i just change em

If the rubber lines are original they are probably worth replacing....

The same goes for all of this: if this is all original, if you have the resources (time, place to work, skills, help, patience, ability to have the truck off the road for a couple of days) then a knuckle rebuild, etc etc makes sense... It's the "While I'm at it" philosophy... Are you planning on keeping the truck for a long time?

This can get costly (time & $) but you will have a completely refreshed axle when you are done.

If the rubber lines are original they are probably worth replacing....

The same goes for all of this: if this is all original, if you have the resources (time, place to work, skills, help, patience, ability to have the truck off the road for a couple of days) then a knuckle rebuild, etc etc makes sense... It's the "While I'm at it" philosophy... Are you planning on keeping the truck for a long time?

This can get costly (time & $) but you will have a completely refreshed axle when you are done.

your right. i'm gonna change the bearings while i'm there. my buddy told me that my lines are ok. any suggestions on where to my bearing kit relatively cheap?

Give a call to Cam at Iron Pig Off Road... they have always been a good source for this stuff... or just get them from Huntington Toyota here on the island... I THINK there may be a "kit"

Personally, unless you can verify the rubber hoses are < ten yrs old or so, I'd replace them while I was at it, as already mentioned. Yep, regardless of a visual check.

your right. i'm gonna change the bearings while i'm there. my buddy told me that my lines are ok. any suggestions on where to my bearing kit relatively cheap?

I have purchased 2 sets from this seller.

This is THE lowest price you will find on oem bearings.

so i tried to replace the brakes and couldn't get the pins out. they're so rusted and frozen...jeez. so i have to replace the calipers. any suggestions?

Sorry I never called back...

You should be able to get rebuilt loaded calipers from Roadside Auto parts... or any "real" auto parts place. I THINK they will be massively $$$ at Toyota. Worth a call though...

that's fine. i'm going to try and find em thanks. i may need your assistance though in the future..lol.

i'm replacing the calipers up front and was gonna replace the lines as well but i'm not sure what i need

With Braided SS you have to be careful about too long causing a tight radius bend at some point in the cycling of the suspension, usually at full stuff.

If the price of braided are out of the budget there were NAPA p/n's and their lengths posted in the last couple of days.

With Braided SS you have to be careful about too long causing a tight radius bend at some point in the cycling of the suspension, usually at full stuff.

If the price of braided are out of the budget there were NAPA p/n's and their lengths posted in the last couple of days.

not sure what "full stuff" or p/n's means. i was thinking about replacing the shackles soon to give me a little lift w/o getting big. will this still work? and how long is too long (same for short)

"Full Stuff" meaning completely compressed into the suspension bump stops.

"p/n" = part numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom