FJ62 Emissions Decal photo request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WoodnotRust

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi All,

Can any members out there send me good quality pictures of 1988-90 FJ62 Emissions stickers (both CA and FED)? I've recreated most of the 62-series engine-bay and interior stickers and I plan to create a model-year specific print run on one or two sheets. I figure this might be handy for those restoring FJ62's. I can't promise anything in return until I get these printed, but I won't forget who helped.

Also, is there a small sticker on the front of the radiator, driver's side? I can see where there is a small rectangular remnant of adhesive on that spot.

I'm also trying to judge forum interest in a "sticker set" for the 62-series, so if you are interested in restoring your vehicle and want clean-looking new stickers on your dirty old parts, let me know. See example below for a 1989 FJ62 sticker set which would be printed on high-gloss vinyl. Some of these stickers are available from other vendors individually, but many are NLA elsewhere.

I still haven't found a printer that will do multiple silver-foil stickers on a single sheet so if you know a source where I can get this done, please let me know. I've "faked" these foil stickers with a silver-like color for now, but hope to change to something exactly like OEM if cost-effective (or just not include them if they don't look really good in colored vinyl).

I already have good images for the 1988 FED and 1989 CA stickers.

R
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 9.52.53 AM.png

Hi @MTB Land Cruise - you're already number 1 on the list. I copied your 1989 CA emissions sticker for the set picture above! Still looking for other years:
1988 California
1989 Fed
1990 CA and FED

BTW...in full disclosure, the Japanese text on the Arakawa body sticker isn't a perfect image replica of the original and it translates to "Arakawa Auto Body is the best!". Just a little playfulness on my part.

You are missing an 'f' on the red fan stickers, in the word 'off' on the third line...
Or is that the original Japanese spelling?

You are missing an 'f' on the red fan stickers, in the word 'off' on the third line..
How said you are an Aggie? You are totally on top of it and I appreciate the correction. I'll make that change now.
R
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 7.50.07 PM.png

I tried to clean this up the best I could without damaging the sticker, but hopefully it's a good place to start at least. Manufacture date of 02/88. One with flash on, one without.

IMG_4957.JPG

IMG_4959.JPG

I tried to clean this up the best I could without damaging the sticker, but hopefully it's a good place to start at least. Manufacture date of 02/88. One with flash on, one without.
Here's my best effort...let me know what you think.

1988_CA_emissions.png

Hmmm, I think I'll charge $45/sheet and $20 for the two glove-box stickers. I'll give a $20 discount to those people that sent me images of needed stickers (that's MTB and Motorwerx, so far).

Before I make a print run for a model year, I will need an individual to fork-up $75 for the initial print run (5 sheets plus set-up cost). All initial profits from sales will go to those that fund a sticker run until their money is returned. So far that's me for the 1988 model year and MTB for the 1989 model year. I still need a 1989 Fed emissions sticker photo before I can print the 1989 model-year sheet and both emissions stickers for the 1990 model year.

Note that there are a few stickers aren't properly printed on metal foil like the originals. I think these will look pretty good with the colors that I chose and high-gloss vinyl, but I won't know for sure until they are printed.

People who have expressed interest in buying stickers include:
@jas89 , @88Retired62, @MTB Land Cruise ,

Anyone else interested in a model year sheet or the glove box decals?

Anything else off my 11/89 build date?
Thank you @cruiser 19 . @pawnthatdude sent me his a couple of days ago, but the proportions seemed different from my 1988 Fed sticker and left me uncertain about the dimensions. Is it possible for you to provide me with the size in mm?

His Vacuum info sticker was completely faded so I couldn't confirm that this sticker is unchanged from the 1988 version. Since your emission's sticker looks pretty good, I'm betting that your Vacuum info sticker is also legible? Can you send me a picture of that sticker with the size in mm also?

My version of the 1990 Fed sticker is below...not perfect yet, but getting there.

1990_Fed_emissions__RGv2.jpg

Last edited:
Still looking for the 1989 Fed Emission and 1990 CAL Emission sticker photo...any body?

Thank you @SteveH ...that's a nice, clean looking Emissions sticker and completes my set for the 1989 Model year. @MTB Land Cruise has been waiting for the 1989 sheet to "go to press" and I'm interested to see the final product myself.

Only 1990 California sticker remains (and size of the 1990 stickers in mm).

Roger

@jas89 , @88Retired62, @MTB Land Cruise ,

I now have available a limited run (eight) of the FJ62 1988 and 1989 model-year sticker set for the amazing price of $45. I can do the same for the 1990 model year if there is enough interest. Both the California and Federal emissions stickers are included, along with the engine bay, interior and body decals/stickers that you see below. These are printed on permanent adhesive vinyl with a high gloss finish.

Also available are the two glove-box decals for the FJ62 (Transfer case and Auto Transmission warning) for $20/pair.

I'll post the same in the Classifieds and other threads. PM me if interested.

1989 FJ62 Sticker set for mud members.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom